What is the best way to apply for an Axis Bank Auto Loan?
You can start the process of applying for an Auto Loan in any of the following three ways:
- Online by clicking here.
- In person at any Axis Bank Loan Center. To find the one closest to you, please click here.
- By calling our Call Center at any of these toll free numbers: 1800 233 5577 or 1800 209 5577 or 1800 103 5577.
- SMS Car to 5676782
What is the location and the timings of the Axis Bank Loan Center closest to me?
For a complete list of Axis Bank Loan Center addresses and hours of service, please click here.
What is the minimum amount of Auto Loan that I can get?
At Axis Bank, we offer Auto Loans from Rs. 1 lakh onwards. Some of the factors we consider when deciding on a loan amount are:
- Your requirement and eligibility
- Your income
- Your repayment capacity
For more features of Axis Bank Auto Loans and details regarding eligibility, please click here.
What is the tenure for which I can avail an Auto Loan?
We offer you a flexible tenure ranging from 12 to 60 months. For more features of Axis Bank Auto Loans, please click here.
What type or make of vehicles does Axis Bank finance?
Axis Bank offers Auto Loans for most passenger cars, multi-utility vehicles and sports-utility vehicles that are available in India and are bought for personal use.
What process does the Bank follow after I apply for an Auto Loan?
Once we receive a completed application form along with necessary documents like income proof, identity proof, invoice, and so on, the following steps take place:
- Processing/approval of application.
- Sanctioning of the loan.
- Disbursement of loan.
What security or collateral do I need to provide when I avail an Auto Loan from Axis Bank?
Your vehicle itself is used as collateral and will be hypothecated to Axis Bank for the loan period. Apart from this, no other security or collateral is required.
Can I sell my vehicle before I repay the entire loan?
You cannot enter a transaction with any seller without a 'No Objection Certificate' (NOC) from Axis Bank. The NOC can only be obtained after foreclosure or after you have paid off your loan.
Will the Bank charge me if I cancel the Auto Loan after it has been approved or disbursed?
Yes, a fixed charge of Rs. 1000 is applicable if you cancel your Auto Loan. Apart from this, certain additional charges such as stamp duty charges, interest accumulation, etc may also be applicable.
If you would like to place a cancellation request, our representative will provide you with all the necessary details at your nearest Axis Bank Loan Centre.
Do I need to pay any charges towards availing an Auto Loan?
Yes, Axis Bank charges a non-refundable processing fee for every Auto Loan application which ranges from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 5500 + Service Tax as applicable.
Do I need to pay any other charges after availing the Loan?
To check the schedule of charges associated with transactions, please click here.
What is the rate of interest on Auto Loans and is it fixed or floating?
Axis Bank offers fixed interest rates, which are among the most attractive Auto Loan rates in India today. Our Bank has tied up with all leading manufacturers and authorised dealers.
To check the interests rates offered on Auto Loans, please click here.
How do I keep track of my Axis Bank Home Loan? For example, how do I get my statements and repayment schedule?
To generate your statement and repayment schedule instantly, please click here.
Axis Bank will also send your statement to your mailing address twice a year.
What are the different options for making my EMI payments? Is there a preferred one?
You can repay your Auto Loan in any of the following three ways:
- Standing Instruction (SI): This method can be used if you have an existing savings, salary, or current account with Axis Bank. You may wish to open a savings account with Axis Bank to use this option. Your EMI amount will be debited automatically at the end of the monthly cycle from the Axis Bank account you specify.
- Electronic Clearing Service (ECS): This method can be used if you have a non-Axis Bank account and would like your EMIs to be debited automatically at the end of the monthly cycle from this account.
- Post-Dated Cheques (PDCs) : You can submit post-dated EMI cheques from a non-Axis Bank account at your nearest Axis Bank Loan Center. A fresh set of PDCs will have to be submitted in a timely manner. Please note Post Dated Cheques will be collected non-ECS locations only.
We recommend that you opt for either the SI or ECS mode of payment as they are both faster and less prone to error than the use of PDCs.
Can I make part-prepayment towards my Axis Bank Auto Loan? Will any charge be applicable?
Yes, you can make a part-prepayment towards your Auto Loan at your nearest Axis Bank Loan Center.
For charges applicable on part-prepayment, please click here.
How do I foreclose my Auto Loan? Will there be any charge for the foreclosure?
Before we process a foreclosure, all outstanding dues must be cleared. So we request you to first check for and clear any remaining amount that may be payable towards your Auto Loan by requesting a foreclosure statement from your nearest Axis Bank Loan Center.
Once all outstanding dues have been cleared, please submit a foreclosure request at the Loan Center, and we will begin processing your request.
To check the charge applicable for the foreclosure, please click here.
After I have repaid the entire loan, how do I remove the hypothecation from the Registration Certificate?
Once your Auto Loan has been closed, Axis Bank will provide you the following documents to remove hypothecation from your Registration Certificate:
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) will be given for your Regional Transport Office (RTO) and your Auto Insurance Company.
- No Objection Certificate issued by Axis Bank.
- Original Form 35.
These documents have to be submitted at your local RTO along with a fee for removal of hypothecation.
How do I update my mobile number and the email address registered under my Auto Loan account?
You may update your mobile number and email address in either of the following ways:
- By calling any of our toll free numbers: 1800 233 5577 or 1800 209 5577 or 1800 103 5577.
- By using your registered email id to write to us at: email@example.com