Who is eligible for Axis Bank Internet Banking?
Axis Bank Internet Banking service is available to all Savings and Current account holders. In all cases, the customer/mandate holder should have the authority to operate the account with full permission. Please refer to the T&C while registering for Internet Banking.
What are the benefits of using Axis Bank Internet Banking?
Axis Bank Internet Banking provides you a host of benefits like:
- View your Banking, Investments, Credit Card and Loan account details online
- Download bank account statements.
- View and book Fixed Deposit.
- Make online payments for utility bills and insurance premiums.
- Make payments at merchant websites for their products and services using Direct Debit service.
- Transfer money to your own accounts and to other third party bank accounts.
- Track status of issued cheques and of cheques that are in clearing.
- Issue stop payment instructions on issued cheques.
- Request for Cheque Book, Demand Draft and more.
- Update your profile and contact details
- For a detailed list of services please click here
How does it help to register for Internet Banking? / Why should I register for Internet banking?
- Axis Bank Internet Banking is a convenient & faster way to access your account & manage your day to day banking transactions anytime, anywhere, 24X7 at your own comfort. Now you don't have to visit the branch all the time & wait in long queues.
- Axis Bank's Internet Banking service is secure; our service gives you peace of mind.
- Internet Banking is Real Time, giving you up-to-the-second details on your account.
Can I have only one User ID for all Axis Bank relationships?
Yes, you can use the same login id for all Axis Bank relationships. You can view all your account details including loan account, fixed deposits and Demat account. You can also view your credit card details and mutual fund investments. For a detailed list of services please click here.
What all services can I use on Internet Banking?
Axis Bank Internet Banking gives you the convenience to access your account - anytime, anywhere, 24X7 - at your own comfort. You can manage your entire daily to day transactions online like view statements, order cheque book, do fund transfers, make a DD, pay your bills & even shop online.
- Account Details:
View your bank account details, account balance, download statements and more. Also view your Demat, Loan & Credit Card Account Details too all in one place.
- Fund Transfer:
Transfer fund to your own accounts, other Axis Bank accounts or Other Bank account seamlessly.
- Request Services:
Give a request for Cheque book, Demand Draft, Stop Cheque Payment, Debit Card Loyalty point Redemption etc.
- Investment Services:
View your complete Portfolio with the bank, Create Fixed Deposit, Apply for IPO etc.
- Value Added Services:
Pay Utility bills for more than 160 billers, Recharge Mobile, Create Virtual Cards, Pay any Visa Credit Card bills, Register for estatement and sms banking, View your Tax Credit Details etc.
What are the different type of modes available to access Axis Bank Internet Banking?
You can opt for one of the following modes to access internet banking:
- Inquiry Only (View only) - In this mode, you get access to check your account details & view you statements
- Fund Transfer with Net Secure - You get the facility to transact online & transfer funds.
For detailed services and facilities available under each mode please refer the table below:
||Internet Banking Services Availability
||Inquiry only with Passwords
||Fund Transfer with Netsecure (2nd factor authentication)
||View Account Details/Balance
||Edit Personal Profile Details
||Download Account Statement
||Stop Cheque Payment
||Request for a Cheque book
||View Credit Card Details
||Redeem Debit Card loyalty points
||View Demat Account Details
||View your Portfolio Summary/Snapshot
||View your Loan A/C Details
||Register for e-statement
||Register for SMS Banking
||Transfer Fund to Own Axis Bank Account
||Transfer Fund to Other Axis Bank Account
||Transfer Fund to Other Bank Account
||Transfer Fund to Visa Credit Card
||Request for Demand Draft
||Create Fixed Deposit
||Apply for IPO Online
||Pay Credit Card Bills
||Pay utility Bills
||Shop online and pay using Axis Bank Internet Banking
What is required for accessing the account on the internet?
To login, you need the log-in id which is usually the 9-digit Customer ID (mentioned on the welcome letter and printed on your cheque book), along with the login password sent by Axis Bank. Some of you might have a personlized login id.
What is a Customer ID?
A Customer ID is a 9-digit number which uniquely identifies your relationship with Axis Bank. Your customer id is also usually your login id for Internet Banking. Please mention this ID in all your communication with Axis Bank.
How do I get my Customer ID?
Your Customer ID is mentioned on the welcome letter & cheque book that is mailed to you post your account opening.
Why are the different passwords and validations to login and transact?
There are three kinds of details used to login and validate transactions on Internet Banking:
- Login password - The "Login Password" is used for logging in and allows you to view your account details. Your login id is your customer id.
- Transaction Password - "Transaction Password" is required for carrying out financial transactions like bill payment, fund transfers, mobile recharge etc.
- Netsecure code - Netsecure is an additional security feature added to have a 2nd factor authentication. Once you register for Netsecure, you can generate a one-time password through SMS, Web-pin or 1-touch Device. This makes your banking transactions safer & free from frauds.
What is Netsecure & How to register for Net Secure?
Netsecure is an additional security feature added to have a 2nd factor authentication. Once you register for Netsecure, while transacting you will receive/generate a one-time password through SMS, Web Pin or One touch Device. This makes your banking transaction safer & free from frauds.
Registration for Netsecure
- Post logging to internet banking, click on register for Netsecure link.
- You can choose from three options- SMS, Web Pin or One touch Device. (One touch Device is chargeable at Rs. 1000)
- Choose the mode you want to opt. You will receive the password through that mode. Click here to View demo.
- Enter your mobile number and Submit. (Please enter the same mobile number that you have registered earlier for Internet Banking).
- In case your mobile number does not match with the one in records, you will get a message "mobile number not as per records".
- To register your mobile number, please visit your nearest ATM / Branch. Click here to know more.
What is the policy on creating passwords?
- The password cannot consist of all the characters as are in your Username. For e.g.If your Username is "Bob", then your password cannot be "Bobby".
- Password should mandatorily contain both digits and letters .
- Spaces are not allowed in between Password.
- The Password should contain a minimum of 6 characters and a maximum of 28 characters
- Your new password cannot be the same as any of your previous 5 password(s)
Why do my passwords get locked and what should I do?
Five consecutive unsuccessful attempts at providing your password will lock the password. This is applicable for both your Login id and Transaction passwords. After locking your password, in case you remember it, you can login to your account the next day or else you can enable your login ID instantly using forgot password link.
What if I forget my Internet Banking password? How do I obtain it?
To generate a new password online, you will need your 16 digit ATM/Debit Card Number and ATM PIN. (New account holders should have activated their ATM / Debit Card by using it at an Axis Bank ATM at least once.)
Click here to generate your password online.
You can also give a request for duplicate password by visiting your nearest Axis bank branch.
If I do not use my account for a long period of time, will it work if I try to login?
As a security measure & risk assement of your Axis Bank account, we might sometimes de-activate your access to Internet Banking. This is to deter any fraudulent attempts to access your Axis Bank Internet Banking account. Please visit our nearest branch to reactivate the same. To get branch details click here
I am unable to login into Internet Banking? What do I do?
It might be due to one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect login ID or password: Recheck your login ID and password. Please note that passwords are case sensitive. In case you have forgotten your password click on "Forgot Password" link on the login page to generate your password online.
- Disabled login ID: In case of 5 incorrect password entries, the system disables your Internet Banking ID for the calendar day. It will be enabled the next calendar day. To instantly Enable Login ID, click on "Enable Login ID" link.
- First time user: Visit your nearest Axis Bank branch to register for internet banking
- Browser Issues: Axis Bank Internet Banking is best accessed using Internet Explorer 6 and above, with a screen resolution 1024 by 768 pixels.
Why do I get the "Application Security Error"?
- If you get an "Application Security Error" it could have been caused due to the following reasons:
- You used the Back / Forward / Refresh button of your browser.
- You clicked twice on any options/buttons.
- There was no activity in the browser window for a long time.
- You logged in from another browser window.
You tried to access the online banking page from a saved or static page.
Which service requests can I make through Axis Bank Internet Banking?
Security & Safe Banking
The following service requests can be made online:
- Request for a cheque book: The cheque book will be mailed to your mailing address registered with Axis Bank. Charges as indicated in respective Schedule of Charges will be recovered from your account.
- Order a demand draft: The demand draft will be dispatched to your mailing address within 2 working days.
- Book fixed deposits: You create fixed deposits online upto a maximum limit of Rs 5,00,000. The fixed deposit account will be visible on Internet Banking after 4 working days. The FD certifcate will be mailed to your address for communication
- Stop Payment Request:You can make stop payment for a cheque / multiple cheques. The process is real time and instant.
Is it safe to use Internet Banking? What is the level of security provided by Axis Bank Internet Banking?
We provide multiple layers of protection to secure your online banking experience:
- 128-bit encryption to keep your transaction safe.
- Two levels of passwords (Login and Transaction) to provide enhanced security to all your transactions.
- Second factor authentication in the form of Netsecure code for all financial transactions.
What is encryption and why is it used?
Encryption is a method of scrambling information for transmission to prevent unauthorized parties from reading the information. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is the industry standard for encrypted communication and ensures that customer's interaction with Axis Bank over the Internet is secure. At Axis Bank we use 128-bit digital certificate from VeriSign for encryption of the SSL session.This encryption of data provides a strong degree of protection against tampering while data is moving through the Internet
What are Phishing attacks? How do I report such attacks?
'Phishing attacks'are attempts to acquire sensitive customer information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by via e-mail using forged company e-mail sender addresses. These attacks use forged e-mail addresses of companies known to and trusted by the customer. The customer is asked to provide confidential account access information either by e-mail reply or through a link leading to a forged website. The information then may be misused without the customer's knowledge.
Please note Axis Bank will never ask for your personal details or sensitive/confidential information (such as your account number, debit card number, ATM PIN or Online Banking passwords) through an email. Nor would the Bank ask for your password through any other means, phone, fax or in-persons. If any of our bank personnel asks you for your password, do not disclose it and report him or her immediately to us. In case you suspect an email claiming to be from Axis Bank is fraudulent, please report it to the Bank immediately at email@example.com
What general precautions should I take to protect my account on the internet?
To protect your account from fraud please take care of the following:
- Keep your password top secret and change them often - Changing passwords often helps in protecting your account even if inadvertently you may have disclosed it to someone.
- Make your password difficult to crack - When you create your password, make it at least 6 characters long. Include at least one capital letter, one numerals (0-9) and one special character (like @, #, $, etc). This makes the password very difficult to crack.
- Avoid using cyber cafes to access your internet banking accounts - PCs at cyber cafes may be infested with viruses and Trojans that can capture and transmit your personal data to fraudsters. The easiest way to grab information is key logging software, which record all the keystrokes you typed, to be retrieved later for fraudulent usage. Beware of typing passwords on unknown PCs.
- Keep your computer secure - Some phishing emails or other spam may contain software that can record information on your Internet activities (spyware) or open a 'backdoor' to allow hackers access to your computer (Trojans). Installing anti-virus software and keeping it up to date will help detect and disable malicious software, while using anti-spam software will stop phishing emails from reaching you. It is also important, particularly for users with a broadband connection, to install a firewall. This will help keep the information on your computer secure while blocking communication from unwanted sources. Make sure you keep up- to-date and download the latest security patches for your browser. If you don't have any patches installed, visit your browser's website, for example users of Internet Explorer should go to the Microsoft website.
- Check the website you are visiting is secure - Before submitting your bank details or other sensitive information there are a couple of checks you can do to help ensure the site uses encryption to protect your personal data:
- If the address bar is visible, the URL should start with 'https://' ('s' for secured) rather that the usual 'http://'.
- If the address bar is not visible as in our Internet Banking website, look for a lock icon on the browser's status bar. You can check the level of encryption, expressed in bits, by hovering over the icon with your cursor.
- Validate the SSL Certificate - If you are in any doubt, click on the lock icon at the bottom of the secured page. This opens up a new window, displaying the SSL certificate information. Ensure that there is no red cross mark preceding the title 'Certificate Information'. It should also be 'Issues to:https://www.axisbank.co.in
You can get more information by clicking on the other tabs in the certificate window. Following the above steps would help you in protect yourself. However, please remember, fraudsters are always trying to stay a step ahead. To ensure that you remain protected at all times
- Never let anyone know your PINS or passwords
- Do not write them down
- Do not use the same password for all your online accounts
- Avoid opening or replying to spam emails, as this will give the sender confirmation they have reached a live address.
- Never respond to emails that request personal information - At Axis Bank, we would never ask for your personal details through an email. Nor would we ask for your password through any means, phone, fax or in-persons. If any of our bank personnel asks you for your password, do not disclose it and report him or her immediately to us. If you do not recognize an amount charged to you, please report the same in writing to Axis Bank immediately. . In case you suspect an email claiming to be from Axis Bank is fraudulent, please report it to the Bank immediately at
Note that the fact that the website is using encryption doesn't necessarily mean that the website is legitimate. It only tells you that data is being sent in encrypted form.
What should I do if I suspect an unauthorized transaction in my account?
If you suspect that there has been an unauthorised transaction in your account, please report it to the Bank immediately at