- Copy of valid passport (pages with your name, address, date of birth, date and place of issue, expiry date, photograph, address, signature and observation page, if any)
- Self-attested copy of valid visa OR Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC). Certificate must indicate last date of arrival in India.
- In case of employees on Oil Rigs, instead of a visa, a letter from government authority stating” allowed to entry country “or a business Visa along with a valid appointment letter is taken.
- Seafarer’s declaration from the customer. No separate declaration will be required if the declaration is part of the AOF
- Proof of Overseas and Indian Address (as per Customer Identification Policy)
- Copy of Indian PAN card or Form 60
- Recent passport size color photograph
A) For a permanent employee then in addition to the above:
- Initial work contract and
- Last wage slip (Not more than six months old).
B) In case of contract employee, the following documents are required:
- Valid CDC is a mandatory document along with the last page of the disembarkation stamp
- Valid work contract with the last page of the wage slip or
- The expired/last contract letter, if the disembarkation stamp on CDC is not more than 6 months old
C) For oil rigs,
- An expired contact letter can be accepted if the last disembarkation stamp on the passport from the country where the oil rig is situated is not more than six months old.