1. I authorize Axis Bank & its representatives to call or email me with reference to my online NRI account application.
2. The initial funding cheque should be drawn and payable to "Axis Bank Ltd. New a/c of".
3. The Savings Bank Account should be used to route transactions of only non-business/non-commercial nature. In the event of occurrence of such transactions or any such transactions that may be not be construed as bonafide transactions, the Bank reserves the right to unilaterally freeze operations in such accounts and/or close the accounts.
4. If there are no transactions in the account for a period of two years, the account will be treated as an inoperative account. The customer should thus transact on the account periodically, so that it does not become inoperative. In case there are no customer induced debit, credit and/or third party transactions in the account, it may be classified as inoperative. The service charges levied by the Bank and/or interest credited by the Bank would not be considered as customer induced transactions.
5. If there are no transactions in the account for a period of two years, the account will be treated as an inoperative account. The customer should thus transact on the account periodically, so that it does not become inoperative.
6. Operations in inoperative accounts may be allowed only after due diligence in terms of ensuring the genuineness of the transaction, verification of the signature and identity of the customer. It is advisable to submit a request for activation of the account at your branch in the format prescribed by the bank to avoid any inconvenience/delays.
7. The customer should maintain minimum quarterly average balance of Rs. in the account failing which; the bank may deduct charges as per rules prescribed in schedule of charges in the account subject to revision by the Bank from time to time. The non maintenance of such adequate balance shall automatically entitle the Bank to levy the charges for non maintenance of the average balance. In such an event the Bank shall have the first right to set off any available credit that may be available in the account including from amounts flowing into the said account from the collection proceeds or any deposits.
8. The Bank reserves the right to close the accounts in case of either of the following: 1) In the event of the account balance being zero for more than 6 months since the date of account opening; or 2) If the balance in the account has become zero and remains so for 12 months. However, before taking steps for closing the account, Bank shall give appropriate notice and account holders are entitled to give their reply and rectify.
9. Satisfactory conduct of the account entails maintaining stipulated minimum quarterly average balance as well as sufficient balance to honour cheques issued to third parties. If there are high incidences to the contrary, the Bank reserves the right to close the account under intimation to the customer.
10. Any special instructions, both financial and non-financial in nature, like standing instructions, stop payment instructions, issuance of cheque books, Demand Drafts, Pay Orders, requests for hot carding ATM/DEBIT Cards, issuance of duplicate card/PIN must be communicated in writing. Otherwise, it shall not be binding on the Bank to comply with such instructions.
11. The savings bank account entitles access to Axis Bank ATMs and Internet Banking unless otherwise stated. Availing of the Anywhere Banking facility and the At Par Cheque facility is contingent upon the limits and service charges stipulated for these facilities as per the schedule of charges.
12. Any change of address should be immediately communicated in writing to the Bank along with Address Proof acceptable to the Bank.
13. Mere deposit of the amount for opening an account does not mean that the Bank has opened the account.
14. The Schedule of charges applicable shall be subject to change on the bank's discretion from time to time and shall be made available on the website http://www.axisbank.com or through the ATMs of the Bank for the users' reference. The same shall be deemed to be sufficient notice in case of the revised charges. For complete savings bank regulations and applicable charges, please refer the complete Terms & Conditions and Schedule of Charges, available at the branch/website.
15. Account will be opened after receiving the complete documents and verified with bank. Bank reserve the right to reject the application in case of non compliance with the KYC guidelines issued by bank.