The Axis Bank Debit Card is a multifunctional card. It can be used at:
- Axis Bank ATMs
For transactions such as cash withdrawals, balance inquiry, cheque or cash deposit, PIN change, transfer of funds, mini statement etc.
- All ATMs accepting Visa or MasterCard cards
For cash withdrawals and balance inquiry transactions.
- Merchant establishments
(displaying the Visa/MasterCard sign and having Electronic Swipe Terminals): To make payments for purchases at shops, department stores or payments at restaurants, petrol pumps etc.
Some Important Points
Your Axis Bank Debit Card and Personal PIN is required for ATM Usage. Please memorise this PIN. It is recommended that you do not write your PIN on the Debit Card or anywhere in proximity to the card. Refrain from giving your PIN to any other person or merchant establishment or bank employee.
You can follow these simple steps to make payments at Merchant establishments with your Axis Bank Debit Card
- Please make sure you have sufficient balance in your primary account.
- Look for a VISA or MasterCard sign at the point-of-sale merchant establishment. The merchant will have an electronic POS (Point Of Sale) swipe terminal.
- Present the debit card to the merchant at the time of making payment
- The merchant will swipe/dip the card on the electronic POS terminal.
- At most terminals, you will be prompted to enter the debit card PIN for authenticating the transaction. Please ensure that you enter the PIN yourself and do not disclose it to the merchant.
- After a successful authorization, a sales slip is generated from the electronic swipe terminal.
- Check the amount on the sales slip and sign it. Your signature must match that on the debit card.
- The merchant verifies the signature and returns the card.
Do's and Dont's
- Sign your card the moment you receive it.
- Always sign the card with a ballpoint pen.
- The moment you get your debit card, note down the card number and the emergency number. Should you ever misplace your card or if it gets stolen, you will be able to report a loss immediately.
- For security reasons, we advise you to keep a photocopy of the front and back side of the debit card with you.
- Keep the above two numbers in a place other than the wallet that nests your card. If your wallet gets stolen, you won't have to frantically hunt for the emergency number.
- If going abroad, make note of the card company's (Visa or MasterCard) emergency number abroad.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Try and memorize the PIN instead of noting it down somewhere.
- Don't lend your card to anyone. Be well aware of who has access to your cards. If your debit card is borrowed by a family member (spouse, child, parent), with or without your knowledge, you are responsible for their purchase or cash withdrawal.
- Never disclose the card number unnecessarily.
- Do not give your debit card number over the phone or on the Internet.
- Never leave your card unattended at a shop or restaurant.
- Make sure the card returned to you at the merchant establishment is yours.
- When using your card in a merchant establishment, only your signature is needed. Never disclose any other personal details about yourself, be it your address or phone number.
- Never sign an incomplete sales slip. Make sure it is totaled.
- Always keep a copy of the bill and the payment slip and ATM receipts for cash withdrawals.
- Always check your billing statement. Check the purchases and compare it with the bills in your and receipts in your possession.
- If returning or handing over the card to the bank, make sure you give it to a bank official and cut it before doing so. This ensures that the card is never used again.