What is Bill Payment?
Bill Payment is a facility through which you can pay your utility bills, insurance premiums, credit card bills & varous other bills online through your account. You can pay bills as per the available funds in your operative account.
What bills can I pay using this facility?
You can pay bills for all the registered billers of Axis Bank. For a complete list of billers, click on the drop down list under the "Add New Biller" under "Pay Bill" section of the Axis Bank Internet Banking.
What are the various payment options available for Bill Payment?
There are two payment options available for the Bill Payment facility:
- View Bill and Pay: Through "View Bill and Pay", you can view your bills online before you make payments. All you need to do is register your biller details and wait for your bill to appear online. You will be notified about the presentment of your online bill by SMS on your registered mobile number. You can then provide instructions to Axis Bank to debit your account and make payments to the service provider on your behalf. However you can not make part payment or late payments under this option since the bill is presented. The payment can be made only when the bill is generated and presented to you.
- Direct Pay: "Direct Pay" is the simplest method of paying your bills. You can make a payment instantly based on the physical bill. All you need to do is register the biller and start making payments immediately afterwards You can provide the desired biller details and enter the amount you wish to pay. As your payments are not linked to any bill, you can choose to pay any amount and not necessarily the exact amount mentioned in your bill.
How do I register a biller for bill payments?
Steps for adding new billers are given below:
- Go to the "Pay Bills" section.
- Click on "Add New Biller" in the left navigation.
- Add the relevant details of the Biller and validate it through Netsecure to complete the registration.
What is AutoPay?
AutoPay is an additional bill payment feature for all 'View and Pay' billers wherein you can set instructions to auto-debit your account for payments against bills presented by the biller, on the due date. You can setup a limitless auto-debit instruction, where bills for any amount will be scheduled for payment. In case you wish to review the bills above a certain amount before making payments, then you may also setup a limited auto-debit instruction. Bills within the limit will automatically be scheduled for payment on the due-date. In case the bill amount is more than the specified limit then the bill will wait in your Axis Bank Internet Banking account for you to review it and set payment instructions. 'AutoPay' payments will be carried out against your chosen account, subject to the availability of funds.
Do all the billers offer both the payment options?
No, not all billers provide both the payment options. Some billers offer only the "Direct Pay" option while others offer only the "View Bill and Pay" option. Some billers offer both these options.
Can I alter my AutoPay instructions once set?
You can alter your AutoPay instructions through Axis Bank Internet Banking for a Biller at any point of time. If you wish to cancel or change a current bill scheduled through AutoPay, then you need not alter your AutoPay instructions as a whole. You can simply make the change in the pending payments list.
Can I schedule my bill payments on a date of my choice?
On Axis Bank Internet Banking you have two modes of making payments according to your convenience - Hot Payment or Scheduled Payment.
"Hot Payment" allows you to debit your account instantly. The payment is sent to the biller the next working day. "Schedule Payment" allows you to set payment instructions for a future date. Please note that AutoPay instructions schedule the payment of your bill on the due date of the bill. At any point in time, before the due date, you can prepone that payment or convert the scheduled payment to an hot payment.
It takes about 2-3 days for your payments to reflect in the biller's account. We request you to make/schedule payments accordingly.
When is my scheduled payment processed?
Your scheduled payment is processed on the specified scheduled date, in the evening. The payment is sent to the biller on the next working day.
How much time does it take to process my payments?
It takes approximately 2-3 working days for the payments to be processed.
Can I cancel a scheduled payment?
Yes you can cancel a scheduled payment from the pending payments option under the Bill Payment section of Axis Bank Internet Banking.
Should the scheduled date be the date on which the payment is actually due?
It is advisable that your scheduled date be at least 3 working days before the due date, since it takes billers a couple of days to update their records with the electronic payment received from Axis Bank.
Can I make payments after the due date or can I pay my bill in multiple transactions?
Most billers do not allow the facility to make part payments and do not accept payments after the due date, especially billers offering the 'View Bill and Pay' (presentment type) payment option. However, billers offering the Direct Pay option accept part payments and payments after due-date.
Will I still receive my paper bill?
You will continue to receive your physical bill from the biller as always as per your arrangement with the biller, even after registering for the service with us.
Will I be charged for using this facility?
The facility of bill payment is offered free of cost to the customer.
What is Direct Debit?
Direct Debit is the facility offered by Axis Bank that lets you make online payments at various merchant websites. You can use your Axis Bank Savings account to make online purchases at these merchant websites. There is no need to remember your debit card details. All you need is to log-in to net banking and authenticate the transaction.
How to use Direct Debit?
The steps to use Direct Debit are:
- Visit any of the merchant websites.
- Select the product or service that you would like to pay for.
- From the payment options offered by the merchant website, select Net Banking or Internet Banking as your payment option and choose Axis Bank Internet Banking.
- On selection, you will be directed to the Axis Bank Internet Banking. You need to authenticate and confirm your payment.
- Select the account through which you wish to make the payment and confirm the transaction.
- After the purchase amount is debited from your account, you will be redirected to the merchant website to complete the purchase.
How do I know if my account has been debited or not?
To check if your account has been debited or not, you need to login to Axis Bank Internet Banking and check your account statement for that transaction.
Do my Direct Debit transactions come under the ambit of the Daily Debit Limit in Axis Bank Internet Banking?
Yes, your Direct Debit transactions are subject to the daily default limit set for your account in Axis Bank Internet Banking. The default limits are as follows:
- A maximum of Rs 50000 on Fund transfers to self linked accounts, Other Axis Bank accounts, Creation of Demand Drafts and Axis Bank Credit Card Bill Payment under Credit Card section.
- A maximum of Rs 50000 on Fund transfers to Other Bank Accounts (NEFT), Bill Payments, Mobile Recharges,Creation of Virtual Cards and Direct Debit transactions (Payment made using Axis Bank Internet Banking at various merchants website).
I cannot see my accounts online on the Direct Debit page while trying to do a transaction. What do I do?
Only those accounts which have been enabled for transactions on Axis Bank Internet Banking would be allowed on Direct Debit. Please visit your nearest branch for resolution.