TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE AXIS ACTIVE PROGRAM
Please make sure you have read Axis Active terms and conditions carefully before using Axis Active. By using or applying for Axis Active you are unconditionally accepting the terms and conditions listed hereunder and will be bound by them. You will also continue to remain bound by the terms and conditions of operation of your Savings Bank Account with Axis Bank.
The 'Axis Active' is a program in which Axis Bank Ltd., is partnering with Goqii Technologies Private Limited. It consists of 3 important legs: Payments, Fitness & Rewards. This program would provide Axis Bank customers a Goqii Fitness Band which would be enabled with Contactless Payment, powered by Axis Bank. The major components of the product are as follows:
- A The NFC/contactless chip
makes contactless payments
at all NFC terminals.
- B The Pedometer/Activity Tracker
records the number of steps
you have walked
- C Band (To hold the pedometer
and NFC Chip)
- D Heart Rate Monitor
All the terms & conditions and warranty pertaining to the Pedometer would be covered by the Goqii Technologies Private Limited (The customer can access Goqii Terms and Conditions at https://www.goqii.com/tos) and terms and conditions pertaining to the Contactless chip would be covered by Axis Bank Limited. The Goqii Fitness Band would be integrated with the NFC Chip which would enable the customer to make contactless payment at the merchant location. The Fitness band which includes a pedometer and its accessories would be entirely a product of Goqii and the NFC Chip inserted in the Fitness band is a product of Axis Bank Limited.
- “The Bank”, “Axis Bank”, means Axis Bank Limited carrying on the business of banking and related services under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and its successors and assignees.
- “Axis Active, Contactless Chip, NFC Chip, Axis Active Program, refers to the Axis Bank MastercardMastercard/Visa/Rupay Wearable contactless Chip issued by Axis Bank to its customers.
- Contactless Payment: It is a faster way to pay with your account for purchases under Rs.2000/- at participating stores. Instead of dipping (or swiping) your Card at the billing counter, simply wave or tap your Band on the contactless terminal and pay without entering a PIN (for amount under Rs.2000/-).
- “Axis Active holder”, “Contactless Chip Holder”, “NFC Holder” , “you”, “your”, “him” or similar pronouns shall where the context so admit, refer to a customer of Axis Bank to whom an Axis Bank contactless chip has been issued by Axis Bank to operate on a nominated account(s). All references to the Axis Active holder in the masculine gender will also include the feminine gender.
- “Account(s)”, refers to the Axis Active holder's Savings Accounts that have been designated by Axis Bank to the eligible account(s) for the valid operations. The Axis Active holder should be either the accountholder or sole signatory or authorized to act alone when there is more than one accountholder/signatory.
- “Transaction”, means by instruction given, by Axis Active Holder by using his Axis Active contactless chip directly or indirectly, to Axis Bank to effect action on the account. (Examples of transactions can be retail purchases).
- “International Transactions”, refers to the transactions performed by the Axis Active Holder through his internationally valid contactless chip enabled with contactless payment, outside India, Nepal and Bhutan.
- “Statement”, means a periodic statement of account sent by Axis Bank to Axis Active Holder setting out the transactions carried out by the Axis Active Holder during the given period and the balance on that account. It may also include any other information that Axis Bank may deem fit to include.
- “Merchant” or “Merchant Establishments”, shall mean establishments wherever located which accept/honour the payment using contactless chip and shall include amongst others: stores, shops, restaurants, airline organizations etc. advertised by Axis Bank or Mastercard/Visa/Rupay International.
- “EDC” or “Electronic Data Capture”, refers to electronic Point-of-Sale swipe terminals whether in India or overseas, whether of Axis Bank or any other bank on the shared network, that permit the debiting of the account(s) for purchase transactions from merchant establishments.
- “Mastercard/Visa/Rupay”, means a trademark owned by an normally associated with Mastercard/Visa/Rupay International.
Axis Active (“Contactless Payment chip embedded in a Wearable Band/ Contactless chip/ NFC Chip/ NFC Device”) is issued by Axis Bank Limited, (“Axis Bank Ltd.”) having its registered office at “Trishul, Opposite Samartheswar Temple, Law Garden, Ellis Bridge, Gujarat, Ahmedabad-380006, India” on the following terms and conditions:
AXIS ACTIVE VALIDITY AND HOLDER OBLIGATIONS
- The issue and use of the Contactless Chip shall be subject to the rules and regulations in force from time to time as issued by the Reserve Bank of India, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999
- The Contactless Chip shall be valid only for transaction options, as permitted by the Bank from time to time in India and abroad at Axis Bank Point-of-Sale swipe terminals at merchant establishments.
- The Contactless Chip is and will be at all times the property of Axis Bank and shall be returned to Axis Bank unconditionally and immediately upon Axis Bank's request. The Axis Active Holder is requested to ensure that the identity of the Bank Officer is established before handing over the Contactless Chip.
- The Contactless Chip is not transferrable or assignable by the Axis Active Holder under any circumstance.
- You must not permit any other person to use it and should safeguard the Contactless Chip from misuse by retaining the Contactless Chip under your personal control at all times.
- The BARCODE issued to the Axis Active Holder to activate the Contactless Chip or any number chosen by the Axis Active Holder as a BARCODE, should be known only to the Axis Active Holder and are for the personal use of the Axis Active Holder and are non- transferable and strictly confidential. A written record of the BARCODE number should not be kept in any form, place or manner that may facilitate its use by a third party. The BARCODE should not be disclosed to any third party, either to staff of the Bank or to merchant establishments, under any circumstance or by any means whether voluntary or otherwise. The Bank shall exercise care while issuing the BARCODES and shall be under obligation not to disclose the Axis Active Holder's BARCODE, except to the Axis Active Holder.
- The Axis Active Holder's account will be debited immediately with the amount of any transfer and other transactions effected by the use of the Contactless Chip. The Axis Active Holder should maintain sufficient funds in the account to meet any such transactions.
- The Axis Active Holder shall not be entitled to transact at any merchant POS for a value above Rs. 2000/- in a single transaction and shall be eligible for a maximum up-to 5 transactions in a day, thus amounting to a value not more than Rs. 10,000 per day.
- The Axis Active Holder will be responsible for transactions effected by use of the Contactless Chip, whether authorized by the Axis Active Holder or not, and shall indemnify Axis Bank against any loss or damage caused by any unauthorized use of the Contactless Chip, including any penal action arising therefrom on account of any violation of RBI guidelines or rules framed under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 or any other law being in force in India and/or any other country/ state/continent/territory wherever located in the world at the time, notwithstanding the termination of this agreement. Active Contactless Chip usage is also prohibited for overseas forex trading through electronic/ internet trading portals.
- You are requested to note that the Active Contactless Chip is valid for up to 5 years. You hereby undertake to destroy the Contactless Chip when it expires by cutting it into several pieces. You will have to reapply to Axis Active Program to avail the Contactless Chip after this period.
- The Axis Active Holder will inform Axis Bank in writing within 15 days from the statement date of any irregularities or discrepancies that exist in the transaction details at merchant establishment on the statement of account sent by Axis Bank. If no such notice is received during this time, Axis Bank will assume the correctness of both the transaction and the statement of account.
- You agree to an ongoing confirmation for use of your name, address, e-mail and mobile number for marketing / merchandising offers between Axis Bank and other companies.
- You do understand that a Service Tax is applicable on all fees, interest and other charges as per the Government of India regulations, and agree to pay the same.
- One Axis Active Program would be made available to one customer and by that it would be available for one customer ID. Even if you have multiple accounts linked to a single customer ID, you would be entitled for a single Contactless Chip under Axis Active Program.
- In case of loss/theft of activated Contactless Chip it would be your responsibility to report loss of Contactless Chip to the Bank & specifically request for deactivation of the Contactless Chip.
- The onus of initiating complaint to appropriate authorities would be on the customer and Bank would not accept any liability to make good the loss suffered by you on account of using the Contactless Chip.
- Utilization of the Contactless Chip must be in strict accordance with the Exchange Control Regulations of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). In the event of your failure to comply with the same, you are liable for action under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and may be debarred from holding the Active Contactless Chip from Axis Bank either at the instance of Axis Bank or the RBI. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Axis Bank from and against any/all consequences arising from you not complying with Exchange Control Regulations of the RBI.
- The Contactless Chip is not valid for foreign currency transaction in Nepal and Bhutan (i.e. in any currency that is not the local currency or the Indian Rupee).
- Axis Bank shall be under no liability whatsoever and shall be deemed to be indemnified in respect of a loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of a charge caused by the Contactless Chip holder having exceeded the foreign exchange entitlements as prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as issued from time to time, on Axis Bank becoming aware of the Contactless Chip holder exceeding his entitlements.
- You undertake not to use the Contactless Chip for making payment for any illegal purchases i.e. purchases of items/services not permitted by the RBI as per extant regulations.
MERCHANT ESTABLISHMENT USAGE
- The Contactless Chip is accepted at all NFC electronic Point-of-Sale terminals at merchant establishments in India and Overseas which display the Mastercard/Visa/Rupay logo.
- The Contactless Chip is Electronic Use only and will be accepted only at merchant establishments that have an NFC/ Contactless electronic Point-of-Sale swipe terminal. Any usage of the Contactless Chip other than electronic use will be deemed unauthorized and the Contactless Chip holder will be solely responsible for such transactions.
- Always tap your Active Contactless Chip on the NFC Terminal yourself at the merchant establishment. Never share your Contactless Chip with anyone, including the merchant. While using your Contactless Chip on PoS machine, if you suspect something unusual, do not use the machine and report it to Axis Bank immediately.
- Bank prohibits withdrawal of cash using Contactless Chip at the POS, unless specifically permitted by us for specific accounts and amounts.
- You must sign the charge slip and retain your copy of the charge slip whenever the Contactless Chip is used at merchant establishments. Axis Bank will not furnish copies of the charge slip. Any charge slip not personally signed by you but which can be proven, as being authorized by you will be deemed to be your liability.
- The Contactless Chip is accepted at all Mastercard /Visa/Rupay merchant outlets having NFC enabled electronic point-of-sale terminals worldwide. Axis Bank will not accept any responsibility for any dealing the merchant may have with you, including but not limited to the supply of goods and services so availed or offered. Should you have any complaint relating to any Mastercard/Visa/Rupay merchant establishment, you should resolve the matter with the merchant establishment and failure to do so will not relieve you from any obligations to Axis Bank.
- Axis Bank shall not be responsible for system outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted transmissions or other technological or technical difficulties or impediments or any other force majeure event that may prevent you from making contactless payment at merchant outlet.
- If you decide to cancel your purchase and not accept the goods after the Contactless Chip is swiped, ensure that the merchant cancels the transaction immediately and the slip is handed over to you. Any cancellation thereafter will be routed as a “chargeback” on the merchant through the acquiring bank and will take the time required to complete the process. There can be no guarantee of full/partial return of the amount.
- Axis Bank accepts no responsibility for any charge levied by any merchant establishment over and above the value/cost of transactions and debited to your account along with the transaction amount.
- A purchase and a subsequent credit for cancellation of goods/services are two separate transactions. The refund will only be credited to your account (less cancellation charges if any, as applicable at the merchant location) after it is received from the merchant. If the credit is not posted to your Contactless Chip account within 30 days from the day of refund, you must notify Axis Bank, along with a copy of the credit note from the merchant.
- In case, there are insufficient funds in the said account, Axis Bank will not honour the transactions.
- The Contactless Chip holder would be solely liable for all unauthorized acts and transactions.
- Transaction fees wherever applicable, will be debited to the account at the time of posting wherever applicable.
- All transactions in foreign currency will be billed in the Contactless Chip holder's Bank Account Statements in Indian Rupees. You hereby authorize Axis Bank and MasterCard/Visa/Rupay to convert the charges incurred in the foreign currency into the Indian Rupee equivalent thereof at such rates as Axis Bank/MasterCard/Visa/Rupay may from time to time designate.
- Contactless chip Price, Annual Program / maintenance Fees and Charges for the Goqii Life services would be charged while customer is purchasing Axis Active Program. The charges for the Goqii Life services would be passed on to Goqii Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Annual Maintenance / Program Fees would be levied by Axis Bank, which would be directly debited from the customer's account annually on an anniversary basis.
- The Fess charged would be non-refundable.
FEATURES OF THE ACTIVE CONTACTLESS CHIP
The Bank may, from time to time, at its discretion, tie-up with various agencies to offer various features on your 'Active Contactless Chip'. The Bank does not guarantee or warrant the efficacy, efficiency, usefulness of any of the products or services offered by any service providers/merchants/ outlets/agencies. Disputes (if any) would have to be taken up with the merchant/agency, etc. directly, without involving the Bank.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- When requested by Axis Bank, you shall provide any information, records or certificates relating to any matter that Axis Bank deems necessary. You will also authorize Axis Bank to verify the veracity of the information furnished by whatever means or from whichever source deemed necessary. If the data is not provided or if the same is found incorrect, Axis Bank may, at its discretion, refuse renewal of the Contactless Chip or cancel the Contactless Chip forthwith.
- Axis Bank reserves the right to disclose customer information in any court of competent jurisdiction, quasi-judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies and any other wing of Central Government or State Government.
- Axis Bank reserves the right to report to the RBI expenditure undertaken by its Contactless Chip holder in foreign currencies to ensure that the Basic Travel Quota/other permissible entitlements are not exceeded by the Cardholder(s) and that the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 is not contravened.
LOST OR STOLEN CARD
- In the event that the Card is lost or stolen, the occurrence must be reported to any office of Axis Bank in India on the emergency contact number 022-67987700 or to the MasterCard/Visa/Rupay Global Service Centers Helplines whilst abroad. You shall be required to disclose information regarding your Customer ID, your Account Number, address, Date of Birth and Mother's maiden name. Under no circumstance should you disclose the PIN number.
- The loss or theft of the Contactless Chip should be reported to Axis Bank immediately. Although loss or theft may be reported by means of the 24-Hour emergency Helpline Number, you must confirm the same in writing to Axis Bank as soon as possible. A copy of that acknowledged police complaint must accompany the said written confirmation.
- Should transactions be received by Axis Bank after the Card has been lost or stolen but before receipt of your written confirmation, you shall be liable for all amounts debited to your account(s).
- You hereby indemnify Axis Bank fully against any liability (civil or criminal), loss, cost, expenses, or damages that may arise due to loss or misuse of the Contactless Chip in the event that it is lost and not reported to Axis Bank , or lost and misused before Axis Bank is informed.
- Provided you have in all respects complied with the terms and conditions, a replacement Card may be issued at the sole discretion of Axis Bank at the applicable fee.
- Should you subsequently recover the Contactless Chip, it cannot be used. Please destroy the Contactless Chip by cutting it into several pieces.
EDGE REWARDS PROGRAM
- All customers under “The Axis Active Program” are eligible to earn EDGE REWARDS Points subject to following terms and conditions. This whole arrangement shall hereinafter referred to as the “program”.
- Customer will only earn max 500 points on the weekly Step Cutoff goal of 70,000 steps Axis Bank shall determine, from time to time, at its discretion, which EDGE REWARDS Relationships or actions are eligible for inclusion/exclusion in the EDGE REWARDS Program and how many EDGE REWARDS Points to be earned and on what basis.
- Points earned through eligible earn actions will be credited to the customer's EDGE REWARDS Program account by 5 working days of the following week.
- The customer can view these points under the 'Transaction History - Earn Summary' Tab on the program website https://edgerewards.axisbank.co.in or call the Axis Bank call center number: 1860 419 5555/1860 500 5555.
- All redemptions will be fulfilled using the customer's Bank registered email ID only. This could be but not restricted to the email ID registered with EDGE REWARDS Program
- The above T&C's are in addition to the EDGE REWARDS Program T&C's mentioned herein - https://edgerewards.axisbank.co.in/terms-conditions
- The above program is subject to changes from time to time as per the policy of the Axis Bank Ltd and Axis Bank at its sole discretion has the right to amend the above conditions and eligibility norms during the currency of this facility.
Axis Bank has the right to modify / alter all or any of the terms applicable to the program or discontinue this program at its sole discretion any time as Axis Bank deems fit without assigning any reason or without any prior intimation whatsoever. This program is subject to applicable law and regulations and would be modified / discontinued based on the prevailing law / regulation at any point of time and neither party shall be under any liability or obligation or continue implementation of the said program till such time the terms are modified by the Parties as per the prevailing/ amended law at that point of time. In the event, that the program cannot be continued without total compliance of the prevailing law at any point of time, this program shall be deemed to be terminated forthwith from the date when the amended law restricting / prohibiting the program comes into force. Any dispute relating to the program or the terms and conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai only. Axis Bank is not and shall not be held responsible for any deficiency in the Goqii Fitness Band and any such issues related to the deficiency in the Goqii Fitness Band shall be settled by the customer without any reference to Axis Bank.