- Copy of valid passport (pages with your name, address, date of birth, date and place of issue, expiry date, photograph, address, signature and observation page, if any)
- Self-attested copy of valid visa OR Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC). Certificate must indicate last date of arrival in India.
- In case of employees on Oil Rigs, instead of a visa, a letter from government authority stating” allowed to entry country “or a business Visa along with a valid appointment letter is taken.
- Seafarer’s declaration from the customer. No separate declaration will be required if the declaration is part of the AOF
- Proof of Overseas and Indian Address (as per Customer Identification Policy)
- Copy of Indian PAN card or Form 60
- Recent passport size color photograph
A) For a permanent employee then in addition to the above:
i. Initial work contract and
ii. Last wage slip (Not more than six months old).
B) In case of contract employee, the following documents are required:
I. Valid CDC is a mandatory document along with the last page of the disembarkation stamp
II. Valid work contract with the last page of the wage slip or
III. The expired/last contract letter, if the disembarkation stamp on CDC is not more than 6 months old
C) For oil rigs,
I. An expired contact letter can be accepted if the last disembarkation stamp on the passport from the country where the oil rig is situated is not more than six months old.