April 03, 2023
- Comprehensive digital offering for the merchant community
- Designed to address business requirements such as accepting digital payments, inventory management, billing and much more
- Enables merchants to set-up an online store and grow their business effortlessly by creating new channels
Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank, in partnership with Visa today announced the launch of ‘Digital Dukaan’, a comprehensive digital offering that will not only empower merchants to accept payments through various digital modes but will also enable them to manage their day-to-day business digitally. Digital Dukaan is an Android Smart POS application, specifically designed to address business requirements such as accepting digital payments, inventory management, billing and much more.
This Android Smart POS application has an in-built camera with LED flashlight that will enable scanning of product barcodes, allow tap, and pay option for transactions upto Rs.5,000 and also support other value-added services such as EMI, BQR, acceptance of Sodexo card, Buy Now Pay Later, etc.
Digital Dukaan solution will also offer enhanced services at an affordable price. Some of the key features are:
- Inventory management – Hassle-free managing of stocks; receipt of alerts & reminders on limited stocks along with pre-loaded catalogue
- Digital Billing – Quick billing, as it accepts multiple payment modes like Credit / Debit Cards, UPI etc.
- Customized real-time business reporting- Getting customized reports to efficiently manage the business
- Digital Khatabook - Easy to manage credits and payment collection from customers
- Customer management - Managing customer data at one place and offering loyalty options
Additionally, Digital Dukaan will also enable merchants to set-up an online store and grow their business effortlessly by creating new channels. It will also allow merchants to easily send notifications to customers about ongoing offers, discounts, and promotions via SMS.
Commenting on the announcement, Sanjeev Moghe, President & Head - Cards & Payments, Axis Bank, said, “We have been continuously working on comprehensive digital solutions for the merchant community, to help them lower their cost of business and accept all digital payments affordably. In that endeavour, we are delighted to partner with Visa to launch ‘Digital Dukaan’, an innovative solution specially designed for the merchant community. This solution is a great opportunity for us to support merchants in conducting their business smoothly, enhance convenience and build a robust digital ecosystem for them.’’
Shailesh Paul, Head of Merchant Sales & Solutions, Visa India, and South Asia, said, “Empowering small businesses with digital payments has been a key imperative for Visa globally, as it is for Axis Bank. We are delighted to partner with the Bank for faster enablement of digital payments and access to financial services through Digital Dukaan. We believe this initiative will go a long way in accelerating growth for small merchants in local communities across India.”
To understand the key features of Digital Dukaan, pls click : https://youtu.be/IBVfLAPPxo4