The Krishi Savings Account has been specially designed to meet the requirements of farmers, and others employed in the allied agricultural activities sector. The account has been extended to the following Allied Agricultural Activities:
- Animal Husbandry
- Dairy/Poultry Farming (members of village level co-op societies such as milk co-op society, Kharedi Vechan Sangh, self-help groups, etc.)
- Fishery and Aquaculture Sector
- Handicraft Industry (Registered with Khadi and Gram-Udyog Dept)
- Fruits and Vegetable Vendors (corporation license, or letter from the government authority)
- Members of Tribal and Rural Development trusts (such as Agakhan Trust, BIAF, etc.)
- Vermi-compost and Organic Manure Suppliers
- Nursery Units
- Landless Labourers
Documentation for Krishi Savings Account
The documentation for Krishi Savings Account include the duly filled account opening form, valid ID proofs and address proof. For more information regarding the documentation for Krishi Savings Account, please refer to the information below.
The following documents have to be submitted along with the duly filled account opening form
- For the purpose of address proof and identity proof obtaining a single document with photo identity and address (like election identity card) will suffice, provided the address mentioned in the document is the same as the present place of residence of the customer.
In cases where documents like Election Commission identity cards are not available, a letter from a recognised public authority or a government servant like Talati/Patwari, or similar revenue official may be obtained duly complying with the following:
- The document should contain the name, photograph, residential address and the approximate period of residence by the customer at the given address.
- The letter should not be more than one month old and the public official/government servant should affix his rubber stamp and signature on the letter.
- The letter should have a provision for further certification by the public official/government servant wherever the address of the customer is being changed.
- Krishi Savings Account should be opened only for farmers. Hence the customers are required to submit a document supporting his/her occupation. This document can be any of the following:
- Certificate from the Village Administrative Officer or Patwari
- Land document