3 minsMarch 18, 2017
Sachin, a senior software engineer, went to the US for one of his projects. His family included his wife and son. He had made adequate financial arrangements for his family before leaving the country. But he had not planned for an emergency.
Sachin’s son was a football enthusiast; his school proposed a trip to Barcelona for a football tournament. This, obviously, was an extraordinary expense. He had never felt so indebted to technology. His father transferred money to his mother’s
account with ease. There are several ways to transfer money to India. Here are five of them:
- Online transfer
- Online transfer is the easiest way of transferring money. All you need is an internet connection and some information about the recipient. This includes their name, address, and bank details. It is the most convenient medium of payment.
You can now transfer money to India from any non-US country with AxisRemit Online, and you do not
have to pay any transaction fee for the same.
- Wire transfer
- Wire transfer is a real-time method of transferring money from one institution to another. This is an electronic
fund transfer method. It is one of the easiest and safest ways of transferring funds. The sender can deposit cash at any of the participating institutions. The money is then transferred to the recipient. You can now safely remit
money to India within 48 hours with Axis Bank’s Wire Transfer facility.
- Exchange house
- Exchange houses make remittance an easy process with the help of Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) and Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) networks. By availing Axis Bank’s Exchange House service, you can instantly transfer money to any Axis Bank account or 82,000 other bank branches within 24 hours. To initiate the transfer process, you
must visit the nearest exchange house branch and submit the required details.
- International money order
- A safe way of transferring money is doing it through money orders since third parties back them up. These work just like personal cheques, except that they are prepaid. To transfer money, you have to buy a money order either through
cash, debit card, or a traveller’s cheque. Fill in the details of the recipient. Make sure that you preserve the receipt until
the receiver gets the money.
- Personal cheques
- The advancement of technology has revolutionized our lives. There are several technological methods that you can resort to for transferring funds; but, it can also be done using traditional means. Sending money through personal cheques
is yet another method of transferring funds. Personal cheques can be one of the safest options for payments. This is because the sender can draw an account payee cheque. But, you have to be careful while using this mode for international
transactions. Do check the costs involved on account of exchange rates.
- The bottom line
- Technology has changed how we live. The development in the IT sector has led to the collapse of geographical barriers. The entire world has become a global village. Now, you can transfer lakhs of rupees within a reasonable amount of
time to any part of the world. With the growing number of payment modes, transferring money is an easy task now. But, do ensure that you analyse the risks and costs involved in the process.
Sending money to India is very easy today!