6 MinsJune 30, 2022
When Ludhiana-based Amrit Singh got admission to a top management institute in Ahmedabad, she drew up her list of things to do. After sorting out the admission formalities and issues like hostel accommodation, the next task was to open a new Savings Account,
which would allow her to manage her day-to-day expenses while in Ahmedabad.
Amrit wanted to do it quickly without visiting a branch and standing in a queue to complete all the formalities. So, she decided to open a Digital Savings Account.
Digital Savings Accounts Digital Savings Accounts are accounts that one can open with a bank without visiting any of its branches. You can complete the process in five minutes and avail yourself of all the facilities you would
get with a regular bank account. You don't have to stand in line or wait for a bank executive to help you out with this.
You need the following to open a Digital Savings Account.
- Aadhaar number
- PAN number
- An active mobile number, registered in your name and linked to your Aadhaar account
- Valid and active email address
In addition to the documents, you also need an internet-enabled device like a laptop, smartphone or tablet with a camera. This is required for thevideo KYC process. Amrit opened her first online Savings Account with Axis Bank. Let us see the process involved and what benefits Amrit got from Axis Bank ASAP Digital Savings Account.
[Also Read: Features to look for when opening a digital savings account]
How to open ASAP Digital Savings Account:
1. The first step is to visit the bank’s website and go to account opening and click on Axis Bank ASAP Instant Savings Account. You could also do this by downloading and using the bank’s app.
2. You will then enter your PAN and
Aadhaar number to authenticate .The system generates an OTP that is sent to the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar. This is to confirm your Aadhaar number.
3. Once you successfully authenticate, fill in the details required –
name, address, age, gender and family details on the application page.
4. The next step is Video KYC. A bank official will initiate a video call. During this call, you will be asked to hold your PAN card, and the bank official will take
a screenshot of this. The official will also ask you some basic questions to confirm your KYC details.
5. You don’t need to upload any document
6. Once the Video KYC process is done, your account is opened instantly. You will
get an email with your customer ID, IFSC code and account number. You will also get instant e-debit card. Physical collateral like a welcome letter, cheque books, debit cards and other literature will be sent via post/courier.
final step is to fund the newly opened account. This can be done via net banking or UPI.
Benefits of Axis Bank ASAP Digital Savings Account
1. Instant Account Opening: If your KYC (know your customer) documents are ready, your account can be opened in three minutes.
2. Fund Transfers: You can transfer through IMPS, NEFT and RTGS.
3. Free Virtual Debit Card that comes with
exciting offers for online shopping
4. Choice of Home Branch: You can choose any of Axis Bank's 4,000 branches in the country as your home branch.
5. Banking on the Go: You can make investments, and pay bills through Axis Bank’s
mobile banking app.
To know more about Axis Bank ASAP Instant Savings Account, Visit Us Online.
Disclaimer: The Source, a content creation and curation firm, have authored this article. Axis Bank does not influence the views of the author in any way. Axis Bank and The Source shall not be responsible for any direct/indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision. Names mentioned in this article are fictitious in nature and only for explanatory purposes