3 MinsJune 20, 2023
insurance policies can be a big expense for many people. Thus, finding the right payment method is crucial.
One option that has gained popularity in recent years is using a credit card to pay insurance premiums. While it may seem like a convenient option, insurance companies today accept payments through credit cards, there are some important things
to consider before making the switch.
The process itself is straightforward. All you need to do is provide your credit card details to the insurer, and they will charge your credit card for the premium amount.
This can be especially beneficial if you have a
rewards credit card, as you can earn cashback, points or other rewards for your insurance payments.
How using credit card helps:
- You can make quick and instant payments securely, which is helpful if your premium date is fast approaching
- You can accrue reward points on any credit card transaction, including insurance premium
- You won’t need to dip into your cash kept aside for emergencies, thereby keeping your cash flow in tact
- Transacting using credit card and paying off the balance in full helps build your
Benefits of using Credit Cards to pay insurance premiums
1. Convenient: Credit cards eliminate the need for writing cheques or going to the insurance company's office to pay the premiums. You can make payments from the comfort of your home using your computer or mobile device.
2. Secure: Credit cards come with fraud protection, which means you can be confident that your payment information is safe.
3. Rewards: Most credit cards offer rewards or cashback on purchases, so you can earn rewards for paying your insurance premiums, or other purchases / payments.
4. Financial management: Paying your insurance premiums through a credit card can help you manage your finances better. You can set up automatic payments, which means you won't have to worry about missing payments or paying late fees.
5. Improves credit score: Paying insurance premiums with a credit card can help you build or improve your credit score. By using your credit card responsibly and paying off the balance in full and on time each month, you demonstrate
to lenders that you are a responsible borrower.
Also Read: [Importance of choosing a credit card that suits your needs]
Using a credit card to pay your insurance policy premium can be a convenient and secure payment option. However, it's important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks before making the switch.
Axis Bank offers a range of
credit cards to suit the needs of different customers. These cards come with various benefits, including reward points, cashback, discounts, and other perks. You can choose from different types of credit cards, such as
travel cards, shopping cards, fuel cards, and more.
Disclaimer: This article is for information purpose only. The views expressed in this article are personal and do not necessarily constitute the views of Axis Bank Ltd. and its employees. Axis Bank Ltd. and/or the author shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.