4 minsSeptember 22, 2017
The start of the festive season has made many life enthusiasts excited – they love festivals and find joy in celebrations.
In India, the most awaited months of the year are August to December. Monsoon is about to retreat, winter is on its way in, and what comes along are many reasons for celebration. Yes, the festive season begins with the advent of Sthesehravana, the 5th month according to Hindu calendar. Festivals such as Navratra, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Diwali will be here in few days.
While many shopaholics have ulterior motives, and look forward to The Festive Season Sale!
Around the world, festivals highlight more reasons to shop and exchange gifts with loved ones. During this time, we celebrate by inviting in the new and allowing change in our lives. Many consider these festivals auspicious days to buy electronics, gold, jewellery, vehicles, and so on. It is marked as a sign of bringing in good luck.
With offers and super-saver deals vying for attention, both online and offline, are you ready for the thrill of a shopping spree this festive season?
Let’s face it, whatever your ulterior motive is, retail therapy works for most of us. And, we are talking about both everyone here: children, young adults and even senior citizens. It has been observed that treating yourself to something nice has a lasting impact on mood. And what a better way to shop, from the comfort of your home.
Online shopping powered by technology gives your fingertips the freedom to buy anything you want and have it delivered to your door-step within a few days. This saves you time and energy; additionally, you are constantly informed about the sale alert, discounts, and offers.
To add to it are a myriad of offers and deals by many e-commerce websites to entice buyers. If you haven’t got on the online shopping bandwagon yet, here’s how you can make the best of these offers by using Axis Bank credit card facility.
- These days, most people lead busier lives juggling household chores, education, full time careers, businesses, and family responsibilities. Hence, they face major time constraints. After a tiring day, the thought of venturing out to shop, navigating through heavy traffic is a major deterrent. Recognising this, online shopping sites have put together a virtual space where convenience and quality co-exist.
- No time is spent in serpentine queues at cash counters to settle your bills. You can shop at any time of the day from anywhere—your home, at a coffee shop, and even while commuting.
- Plus, some good online shopping sites have everything you want from designer to unbranded goods and apparels. Thereby circumventing the ordeal of hopping from one place to another. This saves a considerable amount of your precious time, energy, and fuel. Spend it on celebrating or just relaxing at home, why not?
- Exciting offers
- Competitive pricing on online shopping portals bring you the best deal. And if there are flash discounts, the bargain is even better. All you need to do is, swipe your debit card or credit card to avail the offer. These days, there are some fabulous offers on credit cards, the icing on the cake. So, thoughtfully use your credit card to get the best deal.
- Axis Bank’s, Grab Deals section, for instance, has some exciting offers on a variety of things from sipping coffee at your favourite café, to dining, movies, clothing, travel packages, electronics, and much more! These offers are so attractively priced, you can’t let them slip.
- Interest-Free Period
- A credit card lets you celebrate even if you are falling short of some cash without any interest charge. When you transact or purchase anything using a credit card, you get to spend that money without any interest charges for upto 50 days. This period is also termed the credit period or credit cycle. The credit amount is available to you without any interest fee.
- EMI Facility
- If you are making high value purchases and unable to repay the credit, you can convert your credit loan into Equated Monthly Instalments (EMI). Axis Bank has tied up with several e-commerce websites to offer an easy EMI facility to its customers.
- This will facilitate you to make high-value purchases along with the ease of repayment. You can plan well for your expenses and make your desired purchase. What a way to make the best of festival season sale! With the extended credit facility , you can buy a product anytime and choose to pay in instalments as per your convenience.
- Helps in managing cashflow better
- A credit period can come to your rescue in managing your cash flows, especially during the festival season. Let’s suppose your paycheck day is 20 days away and you wish to buy Diwali gifts for your family. On such occasions, with the help of a credit card, you can buy gifts using credit cards. Do not let liquidity conditions get in the way of your celebrations.
- Reward points
- Axis Bank cards offer reward points or incentives when you make a purchase and these can be redeemed or used at a later date. Analyse your spending habits and opt in for a card that’s most advantageous to you. For instance, some credit cards allow you to redeem reward points at certain apparel stores or specific shopping centres. If these places are where you prefer shopping from, then choose and use the credit cards with additional benefits. If you have a favourite multiplex, consider cards which give you similar benefits and facilitate savings.
- Cash-back facility
- Cash-back facility offered by Axis Bank is you should watch out for. And sometimes, especially during festive times when you wish to pamper yourself a bit, cash-backs can prove valuable and wanting, plus facilitate savings. The cash-back offers are available on purchases such as flight tickets, movie tickets, utility bills, and much more!
- To sum-up…
- In the end, life is one grand celebration and what better way to enjoy it than shopping. You can use these festivals as an opportunity to express love and gratitude toward your loved ones through thoughtful gifts. Pamper yourself and buy everything with just a click/swipe without delay.
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm known for offering unbiased and honest opinion on investing. Axis bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.