6 minsFebruary 7, 2019
The season’s changing day by day; the winter chill is waning and the mercury is slowly on the rise. To beat the heat and swelter, won’t you plan a nice summer vacation with your family this year?
Depending on where you love to spend time- be it near seashores, backwaters, or up a hilly region to beat the heat (and perhaps experience the winter dew and melting snow) - there are options galore for you:
- Visit the beaches and forts of Alibaug
- Go to Goa and experience some of the most pristine beaches while indulging in water sports
- Sail through the backwaters of God’s Own Country, Kerala.
- Take a Shikara ride at Dal Lake, Gulmarg
- Experience the picturesque Andaman and Nicobar islands
- Hop on a toy train to Ooty
- Explore the beautiful tea gardens of Darjeeling
- Visit the beautiful Coorg valley, shrouded in white flowers
- Witness the majestic mountains of Himachal Pradesh, and many more…
Let your own personality type and your family guide you on deciding which summer vacation destination shall be perfect.
If you’re a beach person and wish to make your summer vacation a bit different, consider Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Summer is the best time of the year to visit this destination, with almost ideal weather conditions to indulge in water
sports like deep sea diving, jet skiing, snorkelling, and experiencing the aquatic life. It also has a number of breath-taking sightseeing places for exploration.
During summer, the average temperature lies between 25 to 32 degrees Celsius. Imagine yourself sipping your favourite drink lying in a hammock facing the Bay of Bengal overlooking the boats, anchored on white sand shores of clear blue-green waters
of the limitless ocean and surrounded by coconut trees!
On the other hand, if you love to go up the mountain or on a hill, you may consider Ooty (also known as Udhagamandalam), a popular hill station located in the Nilgiri Hills, Tamil Nadu. The average temperature around March, April and May
is 22 degrees Celsius- just right to plan your day’s itinerary. You can take a tour through the Government Rose Garden. Or go on a boat ride at the Ooty Lake, which is surrounded by groves of Eucalyptus trees with a railway line running
along one bank,. Or visit the Mudumalai National Park, which has been declared as a tiger reserve, and much more!
This year, aim to make your summer vacation atypical, which you and your family will reminisce about fondly in the years to come. If you have been planning by setting aside some money and investing thoughtfully, then great! But if you haven’t
adequately planned or not planned at all, then you need not worry. A fascinating summer vacation is still within your reach.
Consider availing a Holiday Loan, which comes with a 2 month EMI holiday immediately after loan disbursal. A Holiday Loan is your own Personal Loan; it provides easy access
Availing of a personal loan has the following benefits:
- Your existing finances are not exhausted, and the loan can be worked out to suit your budget, facilitating you to save. Axis Bank grants personal loans anywhere between Rs 50,000 to Rs 15 lakh.
- You don’t have to touch your existing investments assigned for other important financial goals.
- You don’t have to mortgage your existing assets; because, a personal loan is an unsecured loan, which means it is disbursed without keeping any asset (house, car, investments,
etc.) as collateral.
- Compared to other loans, a personal loan requires minimal documentation. The personal loan is disbursed within 48 hours or in fact the same day if you satisfy the personal loan eligibility criteria and documentation is complete. The entire
loan application process is hassle-free and convenient.
- A personal loan is offered at a competitive rate of interest
- Repayments are comfortable with easy Equated Monthly Instalments on a personal loan (the tenure can range between 12 months to 60 months). Keep in mind that longer loan tenure reduces your EMI, which makes the loan repayment comfortable, whereas
a lesser tenure increases your EMIs.
- Currently, there are no charges for part-prepayment and foreclosures with Axis Bank.
Salaried individuals (including salaried doctors) can apply for a Personal Loan. You need to be between 21 to 60 years of age with a certain
monthly net income criterion set by the lender. Axis Bank’s minimum net monthly requirement is Rs 15,000.
To ensure that your Personal Loan application is quickly and easily approved, here are seven things you should do:
- Make sure you earn a steady source of income (because banks ascertain your repayment capacity)
- Maintain a healthy credit score. Higher the credit score (of 750 and above) the better it is.
- Keep all your documents ready (Income related documents, address proof, identification proof, etc.)
- Fill up the loan application form and double-check it before submitting.
- Avoid multiple loan applications, as it weighs on your credit score.
- Ideally, make sure you haven’t availed a personal loan within the past six months.
- Maintain a fair balance between secured and unsecured loans
With a Personal Loan, you can enjoy your summer holidays solo or with family relaxing alongside beaches, go on a mountain trail, explore places and much more!
Beat the heat and turn your dream summer vacation into a reality with a Personal Loan from Axis Bank.
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm. Axis Bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.