5 MinsDec 01, 2020
Investing in equities is essential for creating wealth over the long term. An easy way to do this is by linking your savings account with a demat-cum-trading account. The Axis Direct Account makes it possible to hold the securities in an electronic
form (at one place); the Trading Account enables you to transact (buy and sell) in securities electronically, and the money in the Savings Bank account is utilised so that it potentially generates wealth. But before you start, make sure you
understand the intricacies of the market and are prepared to handle the interim volatility.
If you already hold a savings bank account with Axis Bank, consider opening the Axis Direct 3-in-1 Account that links your saving account with a Demat Account and Trading Account. It allows you to invest in avenues such as Stocks, Initial Public Offerings (IPOs - through IPOSmart), Mutual Funds, New Fund Offers (NFOs), Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Non-Convertible Debentures (NCDs), Bonds, Corporate Fixed Deposits,
Derivatives, Commodities, Currencies and more. It also provides access to the ‘Axis Direct Wise Advisor’ which can customise your investment portfolio as per your financial goals and risk profile.
The advantages of the Axis Direct 3-in-1 Account are as under:
1. You can start investing and trading with minimal paperwork.
2. The risk of losing, misplacing or damageto physical securities -- be it shares, mutual fund account statement, bond certificate, etc. -- is almost eliminated.
3. Eliminates the threat of theft, forgery, fake certificates, non-delivery, etc.
4. The cost of holding securities in the portfolio is reduced
5. The cost and time involved in executing trades are minimised.
6. Multiple trading platforms available like online portal, mobile app, Swift trade, Direct Trade and trade-on-phone
7. Payouts are directly credited in your linked Axis Bank Savings account
8. You can subscribe to IPOs through Application Supported by Blocked Amount (ASBA), which ensures that the money remains in your account until you get the allotment of the shares
9. You can access the digital records of all your transactions and keep track of your investments/trades all the time.
10. You receive any dividend that is due to you directly into your savings account
11. You can transfer/redeem the securities in your portfolio without any hassle
12. If need be, you can even pledge and take a loan against securities held.
[Also Read: 9 Benefits of having a Demat Account Axis Bank]
Moreover, the platform offers a host of other benefits such as:
Extensive research reports– A team of research analysts conduct comprehensive research to provide investment idea, trading ideas, derivative strategies, mutual fund ideas, so that you can select suitable investment avenues/securities
Fun ways to learn about stock markets – There are informative videos which can help you lean more about the working of the stock markets, equity investing, derivatives, and many more topics. The platform also has quizzes and badges to encourage
you as you complete the courses
Portfolio Tracker –You can keep track of all your investments and take decisions to buy, hold and sell judiciously, using the portfolio tracker
Smartly designed financial planning tool –You can plan for your future by using the various financial planning tools, such as SIP Calculator (to plan for a variety of financial goals); Real
Return Calculation (to help assess the returns after adjusting for inflation); the Human Life Calculator (to optimally insure your life); the EMI Calculator (for your loan planning); and the Retirement Calculator (whereby you build an effective
corpus for the golden years of life), among others.
Tax-planning Solutions –By using the platform’s online tax solutions to plan, invest and file your tax returns effortlessly, you can save money legitimately from the axe of tax. The money thus saved can be deployed in productive investments
SmartEdge Plus and SmallCase – Start building your investment portfolios by selecting from a number of model portfolios, with an investment amount of your choice
Global Investing – Now invest in equities of US markets, by opening the global investment account. You can now invest in stock like Apple, Facebook and Google with your Axis Direct account
E-Learning Webinars – Attend webinars on various topics by our experts, and get regular updates on stocks and markers – absolutely Free !
Push notifications – Personalised push notifications allow complete control and monitoring of your portfolio so that you can stay updated about your investments all the time
If you do not hold a Demat and Trading account, reach out to your bank’s relationship manager or wealth manager to open one today and embark on the journey of wealth creation.
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm. Axis Bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.