- What is Visa Checkout?
Visa Checkout makes online shopping faster by making it easy to complete your purchase. Enter your Visa Checkout username, password, and speed through your online shopping experiences with a single account that
can be used across major e-commerce merchants and across all your devices. No need to re-enter your card number or address. In addition, you can store and use your major credit and debit cards.
- I already have a Visa Checkout account. Do I need to create a separate account to store Axis Bank Cards?
No. You can store your Axis Bank cards in your existing VISA checkout account. Mark it as “Default” to continue making faster payments using Axis Bank cards and keep accruing eDGE Loyalty Reward
Points and cashbacks, as applicable.
- Should I mark Axis Bank card as ‘Default’ even if I can store & use my other bank card to pay via Visa Checkout?
Yes. This will ensure that your online spends via the default Axis Bank card will keep accruing eDGE Loyalty Reward Points, the Best Reward Program in the banking industry
- Will I get extra eDGE Loyalty Reward Points by using VISA Checkout?
No. Usage of Visa Checkout will not earn you additional eDGE Loyalty reward points. You will, however, be entitled to eDGE Loyalty Reward Points for online transactions done, as per your card program. E.g If
an online transaction done today earns you 100 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points, then same transaction done via VISA Checkout will earn you 100 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points only.
- Is it mandatory to enroll in/use this service?
No. You are under no obligation to enroll for this service. Even if you choose to enroll, there is no requirement to necessarily use this service. You can continue making online payments without using VISA Checkout.
- If not mandatory, then why should I use this?
For all online transactions, you require an OTP/VbV password. By using this solution, the requirement of OTP/VbV password – for transactions upto Rs. 2000 – has been waived off by RBI. Please note,
this rule will not be applicable for the first transaction done by you. For all transactions above Rs. 2000, an OTP/VbV password will be required for customer verification.
- What kind of payment methods can I add to my Visa Checkout account?
You can add Axis Bank Visa & MasterCard Credit and Debit cards to your Visa Checkout account.
- What if I am having trouble adding an Axis Bank card?
If you receive an error message when you try to add an Axis Bank Debit or Credit card, please verify that you have correctly entered your card number present on your physical card
- I am seeing my Axis Bank card design on Visa Checkout button. Have my details been compromised?
No. This is a feature introduced by VISA wherein your card design will be shown to you on merchant checkout page. This will enable you to simply ‘swipe’ the tab and proceed with payment.
- Does Visa Checkout work on my mobile device?
Yes, Visa Checkout can be accessed using any web-enabled mobile device.
- Where can I use Visa Checkout to make purchases online
For a full list of acceptance of VISA Checkout, visit here.
- Can I share my login credentials with anyone?
Please do not share your Visa Checkout credentials, OTP, card number or any other sensitive banking information to anyone. Neither bank nor VISA will call you to cross-verify any detail.
- If I suspect someone has stolen my password, what should I do?
Contact VISA immediately on email@example.com to block your account. You can also use “Forget Password” to re-set
password to your own account.
- Whom should I contact if I have a question about a purchase I made with my Visa Checkout account?
If you have concerns about promotion, coupon, discount, charge, delivery of or issues related to a purchase, the status of a refund, or any customer service issues with the merchant, please contact the merchant.
If you have an issue that has not been resolved by the merchant and would like to escalate a concern about a charge or refund, contact Axis Bank by calling the customer service number
- What are the guidelines for creating a password for a Visa Checkout account?
When you are selecting a password for your Visa Checkout account, keep these password requirements in mind:
- Can include lower case and capital letters.
- Allowed special characters: ! @ # $ % & * ?
- Cannot contain a portion of your email address.
- Cannot contain spaces or three or more consecutive repeating characters.
- If I forget my password, what should I do?
If you forget your password, follow these steps:
- Click the "Forgot?" link on the sign-in page.
- VISA will send password reset instructions to the email address associated with your account. Follow the instructions to create a new password.
If you do not receive the password reset email, we suggest checking your spam folder. If the email is not there, you can request a new one by clicking here.
- My account is locked. How can I unlock it?
To prevent unauthorized access to your account, VISA will lock your account temporarily if you enter an incorrect username or password too many times. You can unlock your account by using the Forgot Password
link, or you can click here for assistance. You will not be able to use your Visa Checkout account for purchases when the account is locked.
- Why am I presented with security questions when I try to access my account?
To protect your account from unauthorized access, VISA may ask you to answer a security question that other people would have trouble answering. If you have trouble accessing your account at any point, these
questions help VISA confirm your identity. VISA might ask you to answer these questions when you log in from a new device, when you have forgotten your password, or when you contact customer support via
When you create a Visa Checkout account, security questions are generated automatically based on information stored in your account. You may optionally set up additional security questions by signing in to your
account and clicking the Account Settings link.
The answers to your Visa Checkout security questions must meet the following requirements:
- Answers must be between 3 and 24 characters in length.
- The characters you use can be numbers, letters, special characters, and/or spaces.
- You cannot use the same answer for another Visa Checkout security question.
Your answers are not case-sensitive, so "Dog" and "DOG" are treated the same way.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password any time you need to by following these steps:
- Visit https://secure.checkout.visa.com and sign in to your account.
- Go to "My Account Information" section.
- Click "Edit" under "Sign In Information"
- Click "Update" to save your new password
VISA will send a confirmation email to your email address to notify you of the change.
- How do I close my account?
To permanently close your personal Visa Checkout account, click the link below:
Close Your Account