The eligibility criteria for Atal Pension Yojana are that the holder must be a citizen of India, between the age of 18-40 years and that he/she should have a savings bank account. Check your eligibility for APY below to avail the many benefits provided.
- Any Citizen of India can join APY scheme
- The age of the subscriber should be between 18 - 40 years
- He / She should have a savings bank account/open a savings bank account
- The prospective applicant should be in possession of mobile number and its details are to be furnished to the bank during registration
- Only Non Income Tax Payers can apply for APY
Government co-contribution is available for 5 years, i.e., from 2015-16 to 2019-20 for the subscribers who join the scheme during the period from 1st June, 2015 to 31st December, 2015 and who are not covered by any Statutory Social Security Schemes and are not income tax payers
The documentation for Atal Pension Yojana include details of bank and branch of the individuals savings account, APY registration form duly filled, Aadhaar/mobile number as well as the savings account’s balance details.
- Details of the bank and branch where individual’s savings bank account is held
- APY registration form duly filled by the individual
- Aadhaar / Mobile Number
- Balance in the savings bank account required for transfer of monthly contribution