‘Axis Mobile’, has now made banking simpler and convenient for you ––literally at your fingertips! You can bank from anywhere and at anytime, on-the-go!
All you need is a high-speed internet connection.
There are a variety of features (more than 100), where you can perform your banking transactions and do more.
- Funds Transfer- Create UPI Id and share with others for transacting
- View and pay credit card bills instantly
- Pay utility bills
- You can recharge your smartphone, DTH connection, data card
- Invest: open a bank fixed deposit, recurring deposit, mutual
- Make hotel, flight, and bus bookings
- Get a forex card for your international travel plan
- Shop online
- ‘Near me’ will guide you to nearby ATMs
- Earn attractive cash-backs and discounts on use of credit cards, debit cards, and internet banking
- Earn Axis eDGE Reward points
- Helpmanage your accounts
- Keep a track of your demat account
- Update changes in personal details: email ID, PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, address/s, name, date of birth, activate inoperative accounts, submit Form 15G/H, etc.
- Request cheque books, stop cheque payment, etc.
- Create UPI Id and share with others for transacting
- Apply for loans, credit cards
…and much much more!
‘Axis Mobile’ offers an empowering experience facilitating you to have complete control over your personal finances. And the best part is that there are no charges
to register on ‘Axis Mobile’ on your iPhone or Android device/s.
‘Axis Mobile’ can be used by anyone who has a savings account or a current account with Axis Bank, and even those who are standalone credit card customers of the bank. Non-Resident Indian (NRI) customers of Axis Bank, too, can download
and use the ‘Axis Mobile’ app.
Downloading ‘Axis Mobile’ is simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Go on to Google Play (for Android devices)/App Store (for Apple devices) and download the app; OR
- SMSMBANKto5676782to receive the download link. If you are a NRI, SMS MBANK to +919717000002; OR
- Give a missed call on the toll free number 18004190231 from your registered mobile number to receive the download link
After downloading the Axis Mobile App, you need to register as a new user. You can register either using existing internet banking credentials or through debit card details.To know the registration process in detail, click here To know the registration process in detail.
Once your registration is complete, you are ready to use the ‘Axis Mobile’ App that enables you to bank on-the-go,24x7! You do not need to physically
travel to the bank, or merchandise outlets, or to pay utility bills and stand in long serpentine queues.
With ‘Axis Mobile’, your smartphone virtually turns into your wallet, eliminating the need to carry wads of cash. It will facilitate you to go cashless while you transact in this digital age we live in.
Plus, you get a single view of all your transactions in the palm of your hand, on your smartphone. And in case you face any issues, there is always Axis Bank support team to help you.
What makes Axis Mobile safe and secure:
‘Axis Mobile’ is user specific. This means, it requires a 6 digit MPIN code (that is recognised by the bank) for you to transact. For security reasons make sure you do not share your MPIN with anyone when transacting.
If you happen to lose your smartphone on which the ‘Axis Mobile’ App was installed, it is recommended that you reach out to the customer service
team to initiate the de-registration process. Although when you register the app again on the new device with your regular credentials, it automatically de-registers the application from the previous device.
Similarly, if you have formatted your smartphone, you just need to download and install the application again. Necessary checks will be performed by the application itself to ensure security. Enter your MPIN and the application is ready to use.
However, for certain smartphones you may need to complete the registration process again.
Now say for instance, after installing the app, you change your registered mobile number; then the automatic registration will fail. This is because a security measure to confirm that the customer's mobile number is the same one registered for
If you are using two handsets, the ‘Axis Mobile’ cannot be used on two devices simultaneously to ensure the security of your account.
Broadly, for security purpose, keep in mind the following points while using mobile banking:
- Download only the official app of the bank
- Keep updating the official app
- When you change your smartphone, delete the app, and then re-install it again
- In case you lose your smartphone, de-register the app by contacting customer service/phone banking
- Do not handover your smartphone to a stranger, there is chance of misuse
- Beware of ‘smishing’ (combination of fraudulent SMS (text messages) and phishing)
- Do not share you mobile phone password
- Change yourpassword regularly
- Do not saver personal information on your smartphone (clear your cookies and cache regularly)
- Avoid using easy passwords that are vulnerable to hacking
- Preferably use screen locks to prevent unauthorized access
- Sign-up for SMS alerts to stay updated, as it can even help you keep checks on frauds
- Do not open a hyperlink from unknown sources
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi while transacting vide your smartphone (use your own data connection)
Axis Mobile --- Banking at your fingertips…
Mobile banking is an efficient and convenient way to perform many transactions by going cash-less. It saves time, energy, and money.
Plus, record keeping and retrieving it does not become a hassle. Moreover, technology supports the cause of saving the environment by going green, instead of using paper.
“Faceless, Paperless, and Cashless” is a Digital India initiative of the Government of India to transform the country into a digital economy. And with mobile banking, it can be an empowering experience for you. So, be smart, bank smart!
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm known for offering unbiased and honest opinion on investing. Axis bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.