5 minsApril 4, 2018
Technology has brought a sea change in the way we transact. Smartphones have turned out to be a boon, bringing in ease and convenience.
“Do it online ” is the catchphrase today.
Right from paying utility bill, shopping, bookings, to banking and investing …everything can be done on your mobile phone today backed by high-speed internet connection. You do not have to travel physically to do many of these activities
nor experience the inconvenience of standing in serpentine queues.
Your smartphone has become an effective tool which, perhaps, you cannot do without.
And with a Mobile Banking App installed on your smartphone (with registration completed), not only is daily banking activity at your fingertips, but there’s much more! You can pay utility bills, make travel plans, shop, invest, avail loans,
manage your account, make a cheque book request, and so on.
Axis Bank’s Mobile Banking App has more than 60 features –
- You can recharge your smartphone, DTH connection, data card
- ‘Near me’ shows nearby ATMs, pre-approved properties available for loans and offers, like Sunday brunch and dining delights, using Augmented Reality (AR) within a radius of 5 kms
- You can do your hotel, flight, and bus bookings
- Get a forex card for your international travel plan
- Shop online
- Pay utility bills
- View and pay credit card bills instantly
- Earn attractive cash-backs and discounts on use of credit cards, debit cards, and internet banking
- Earn Axis eDGE Reward points
- Manage your accounts
- Invest: open a bank fixed deposit, recurring deposit, mutual funds, etc.
- Keep a track of your demat account
- Apply for loans, credit cards
…and much more!
And the best part is, there are no charges for registering on Axis Mobile on your iPhone or Android devices.
Exciting, isn’t it?
To know more about Axis Mobile, click here.
Axis Mobile offers an empowering experience facilitating you to have complete control over your personal finances.
Axis Mobile can be used by Saving account and Current account holders
registered with either Internet banking or who have an ATM-cum-Debit Card along with mobile number registered for SMS Banking. Standalone credit card customers, too, can use this app.
How to download Axis Mobile App?
- Go to Google Play Store (for Android devices) or AppStore (for iOS device) or Windows Store (for Windows device) and download the app.
- Alternatively, you can download the app by giving a Missed Call to toll free number: 18004190231 or SMS MBANK to 5676782.
- A link to download the app will be sent via SMS and you can click on the link to start downloading the app from iTunes/Google Play Store/Windows Store.
After downloading the Axis Mobile App, register as new user. You can register either using existing internet banking credentials or through debit card details.
Once your registration is complete, you are ready to use the Axis Mobile App and banking is on-the-go, 24x7, making it simpler
and convenient for you!
Plus, technology supports the cause of saving the environment by going green, instead of using paper ––which often is difficult to archive and retrieve after a point in time.
You get a single view of all your transactions and it’s in the palm of your hand, on your smartphone.
Nonetheless here are some points to note while using mobile banking:
- Download only the official app of your bank
- Keep updating the official app
- When you change your smartphone, delete the app, and then reinstall it again
- In case you lose your smartphone, de-register the app by contacting customer service/phone banking
- Do not handover your smartphone to a stranger, there is chance of misuse
- Beware of ‘smishing’ (combination of fraudulent SMS (text messages) and phishing)
- Do not share you mobile phone password
- Change your password regularly
- Do not saver personal information on your smartphone (clear your cookies and cache regularly)
- Avoid using easy passwords that are vulnerable to hacking
- Preferably use screen locks to prevent unauthorized access
- Sign-up for SMS alerts to stay updated, as it can even help you keep checks on frauds
- Do not open a hyperlink from unknown sources
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi while transacting vide your smartphone (use your own data connection)
If you do not have a mobile banking app, get it right away!
It will add on to your efficiency while you manage numerous transactions, and enable you to have a better control over your finances.
Further, it will give you access to a variety of services and updates from the bank.
The central banks across all developing countries, including India, are encouraging banks to offer mobile banking so they can scale up banking operations to the unbanked. Today that’s possible with a mobile and internet connection, even
in many rural parts.
So, mobile banking is the way forward!
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm known for offering unbiased and honest opinion on investing. Axis bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.