4 minsApril 23, 2018
Like other services, the internet too, has nearly become an essential service–––and an integral part of daily life.
We perform many of our everyday activities connected via the internet: recharging prepaid phones, DTH connection, data cards, paying utility bills, checking train schedule, flight status, booking tickets, investing, and even banking.
In this age, can you imagine life without the internet?
But now, your banking transactions are possible without the internet, in the comfort of your home (or wherever you are)!
Axis Bank brings to you ‘Axis OK’ –– a lite mobile app.
‘Axis OK’ is lightning fast and a secure android app to get your banking done-on-the-go, on any device, without using the internet facility.
Here are steps to get the ‘Axis OK’ app on your mobile phone:
- From your registered mobile phone, go to Google Play
- Search for ‘Axis OK’
- Download the app only on your registered mobile phone
- Registration is not a prerequisite; the app is ready to use once it’s downloaded.
What does ‘Axis OK’ allow you to do?
- Check your account balance
- Register for e-statements
- Request for cheque book
- Stop cheque request
- Fetch mini statements
- Generate MMID (Mobile Money Identifier number to transfer funds via IMPS)
- Generate PIN
- Register for SMS banking without visiting the bank’s branch
- Check the outstanding amount due on credit card/s
- Check the available credit balance on credit card/s
- Check how much you paid last towards your last credit card bill
- Make credit card payments
- Block your credit card or debit card, as and when required
- Recharge your prepaid mobile phone via an SMS or by giving a missed call
- Recharge prepaid data card, DTH etc.
And all this is possible without using the internet. ‘Axis OK’ is simple to use and available in multiple languages.
Who can use ‘Axis OK’?
Any customer who has a saving account, current account,
credit card with Axis Bank can download ‘Axis OK’ and use it.
Make sure you link your account number, and are registered for the SMS alert facility to get updates on your transactions.
To know about ‘Axis OK’, click here.
‘Axis OK’ is a secure android app; but please note that the bank acts in good faith on any instructions it receives from the customer’s registered mobile number. So, please take care of the following:
- Download the app only on the phone which has your registered mobile number in it
- Opt for SMS alerts from the bank to stay updated regarding your transactions
- To prevent misuse, make sure you do not hand over your mobile phone to someone else
- Preferably, lock your mobile phone to prevent misuse
- Beware of ‘smishing’ (combination of fraudulent SMS (text messages) and phishing)
- Do not share you mobile phone password/PIN with anyone
- Avoid using simple passwords that are easy to hack
- Change your password/PIN regularly
After all it is your hard-earned money; handle it with enough care and caution.
With ‘Axis OK’, banking is on-the-go and without the internet. So, bank smart!
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm known for offering unbiased and honest opinion on investing. Axis bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.