You would agree that mobile phones—smartphones in particular—have come to be a boon. There’s so much you can possibly do with these app-based phones. Right from paying utility bills, shopping, bookings, recharging your DTH connection, to banking and investing …everything can be done on your mobile phone today backed by high-speed internet connection.
Technology is indeed playing the role of an enabler, bringing about a transformation in the way we conduct most of our chores. You don’t need to stand in serpentine queues anymore; doing it online is the buzzword today.
You too can make life simple with just one app, which not only facilitates basic banking-on-the-go (24x7) but much, much more. Axis Bank’s Mobile Banking App has more than 100+ features
- You can recharge your smartphone, DTH connection, data card
- Top-up your forex card for your international trip, check forex card statements
- Apply for a credit card, view and pay credit card bills instantly, change your credit card limit, set/reset the PIN, block and replace your card, convert transactions into EMIs, etc.
- Upgrade your debit card, set/reset the card PIN, block the card to prevent misuse
- Pay utility bills
- Add payees and transfer money online (via UPI, NEFT, IMPS)
- Invest: open a bank fixed deposit, recurring deposit, mutual funds, etc.
- Actively manage your accounts – whether savings account, current account, demat account, etc.
- Know your privileges
- The ‘Near me’ feature shows nearby ATMs, pre-approved properties available for loans and offers, like Sunday brunch and dining delights, using Augmented Reality (AR) within a radius of 5 kms
and much more!
Axis Mobile can be used by saving account and current account holders of Axis Bank registered with either internet banking or who have an ATM-cum-Debit Card along with mobile number registered for SMS Banking. Standalone credit card customers, too, can use this app. The Axis Mobile app is available on both, Google Play as well as Apple’s App Store.
Say, you are in a region where there’s weak or no internet connection but want to do some basic transactions and be in complete control of your personal finance, there is Axis OK —a lite mobile app —for android users. Axis OK is a secure mobile app, and once you download it helps you perform certain transactions 24x7 even without the internet services.
The Axis OK allows you to:
- Check your account balance
- Register for e-statements
- Request for cheque book
- Stop cheque request
- Fetch mini statements
- know the Nearest Branch & ATM using Pin Code
- Update PAN Card
- Update Email ID
- Request to renew your Fixed Deposit with the bank
- Link Aadhaar
- Check the outstanding amount due on credit card/s
- Check the available credit
- Check how much you paid last towards your last credit card dues
- Make credit card payments
- Block your credit card and debit, when necessary
- Recharge your prepaid mobile phone via an SMS or missed called
- Recharge prepaid data card
- Recharge your DTH connection
Axis OK works at a lightning fast speed on any device and has an interface that is easy to understand and use. The app is available in seven regional languages. Like the Axis Mobile app, the Axis OK app is available to Axis Bank customers with a savings account, current account, or a credit card relationship. Once you download the app and confirm your registered mobile number, you are ready to use the app.
With technology available at your recourse, download the worthy apps, and simplify your life. Plus, it’s hassle-free so you can not only do banking activity but much more. Get a single view of all your transactions on the palm of your hand, on your mobile phone.
Be smart, bank smart!
Disclaimer: This article has been authored by PersonalFN, a Mumbai based Financial Planning and Mutual Fund research firm. Axis Bank doesn't influence any views of the author in any way. Axis Bank & PersonalFN shall not be responsible for any direct / indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any financial decisions based on the contents and information. Please consult your financial advisor before making any financial decision.