The opening of a Small Basic Savings Account requires you to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Depending on your eligibility, fill up the application form and submit it along with the necessary documents to open the account.
Ensure your eligibility
- Entities eligible for a Small Basic Savings Account.
- An individual residing in India who does not have an existing savings account in Axis Bank, prior to opening the Basic Savings Account.
- If you fall within the eligibility criteria for the Small Basic Savings Account you can apply for the Savings Account by submitting the application form along with the documents for Small Basic Savings Account. Here are the documents that you need to submit.
Keep your documents ready
Documents for Small Basic Savings Account for an Individual
Documents as per the bank's KYC procedure.
If KYC documents are not available,
- Photo ID proof as per the bank’s acceptable list of documents
- Address proof as per the bank’s acceptable list of documents
- Two latest passport size photographs.
(Actual KYC documents as per bank's acceptable list should be submitted within 24 months of opening the account).
For a full list of address and identity proof documents, click here For address and identity proof documents.
Only a single copy of the document is required if it is listed under both address and identity proof, e.g. Passport/Aadhaar Card.
If your mailing address and permanent address are different, provide address proof documents for both.
Documents for Small Basic Savings Account for a Hindu Undivided Family
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Form 60 of HUF.
- Declaration from the Karta.
- Proof of identification and address of Karta as per documentation for individual.
- Prescribed Joint Hindu Family Letter signed by all the adult holders.
Documents for Joint Small Basic Savings Account
- Address and identity proof documents for both applicants.
- Address proof can be only of the First holder of the account, as long as it is supplemented by a relationship proof between both holders.