Make your Public Provident Fund (PPF) investments in parts. Simply pick the subscription of your choice and take a look at the PPF terms of subscription to make your decision. Select the period of investment best suited to your needs.
- Minimum Subscription of Rs. 500 and maximum subscription of Rs. 1,50,000 per Financial Year (subject to change as per notification issued by Central Government)
- Subscription should be in multiples of Rs. 5/-
- Deposit can be of one lump sum amount or easy installments not exceeding 12 installments in one financial year
- Amount deposited in excess of Rs.1,50,000/- shall neither be entitled to interest under PPF scheme nor be eligible for Tax Benefits
Period of Investment
The original tenure of the PPF account is 15 years, which can be extended further in blocks of 5 years each for any number of blocks. The extension can be with or without contribution.
Closure of Account
- No premature withdrawal is allowed for Public Provident Fund (PPF) accounts.
- Only in the case of the death of a customer, their nominee /legal heir can close the account by submitting the required documents