Government Business - Overview
- Axis Bank’s Government Coverage Group (GCG) has played an important role as a leading banker to India’s government sector.
- We are accredited with Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, and the Office of Controller General of Accounts and Institute of Government Accounts and Finance under the Ministry of Finance.
- We are empaneled as the sole trustee banker for PFRDA for National Pension Scheme (NPS) collections.
- We are authorized for Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), Goods and Services Tax (GST), Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) collections as well as collection of State Taxes in 13 states and union territories.
- We are associated with 27 Smart Cities across India wherein we have implemented unique, tailor-made solutions to meet the unique requirements of each Smart City.
- We have strong working relationships with more 50% of the Urban Local Bodies in the country.
- We have played a leading role in strengthening governance delivery in the country, providing cutting edge digital and financial solutions to the government.
- We are the top 5 best performing Banks in Public Financial Management System (PFMS) as adjudged by the Office of Controller General of Accounts.
- We are also an active player in Government E-Marketplace (GeM).