In-store Payment Acceptance
Axis Bank’s Payment Acceptance Solutions offer the best-in-class payment products to help your business expand and reach newer heights. The Payment Acceptance Solutions offered by Axis Bank include Point of Sale (PoS) Terminals, QR based acceptance as well as online payment options. The features of the payment acceptance solutions include universal compliance with up-to-date security features, acceptance of all domestic & international debit, credit and pre-paid cards, prompt payment settlements, on-site support and round-the-clock help desk, dynamic currency conversion facility as well as access to payment reports for ease of reconciliation.
Merchant benefit - With EMI facility accept high value payments from your cardholders which would lead to increased volume and footfalls for your business. No customer documentation is required at the time of conversion to EMI.
DCC facility helps you convert the sale price from INR to Cardholder's home currency at the time of transaction at your PoS terminal and Online Payment Solution.
Cash@POS service helps convert your PoS solution into an 'Everywhere Teller Machine (ETM)' through which your customers can withdraw cash at PoS. PoS Solutions accepts all Debit Cards for providing this feature.
Standing Instruction is an auto debit facility given to Credit Cardholders for payment of their bills of recurring nature. The facility is best suited for insurance premium collection, utility bill payments, magazine subscription or any other form of periodic payment.
Axis Bank Merchant Mobile App is single integrated solution for merchants for accepting payments, reporting, offers notifications and much more. This App simplifies your payment acceptance experience by providing
you service and support at your fingertips.
Key benefits for merchants:
- Simplified payment experience.
- Online payment acceptance for small merchants.
- No operational hassles and reduced chargebacks.
- Hassle free service and support.
- Offers relevant for you.
- Customized analytical reports.
- Available in multiple regional languages.
Download the Axis Bank Merchant App now!
Checksum Values of last 2 versions:
Merchant_App_1.1.7 - eaadefda2b362d520c13baa52b065057
Merchant_App_1.1.8 - 6b323d6849ec5ef2f1b04779c52afd59
Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.axismerchant&hl=en_IN&gl=US
Apple App Store - https://apps.apple.com/in/app/axis-merchant-app/id1498750969
Axis Bank Merchant Portal is a centralized repository for merchants to gain access to own-business and bank information. Merchants can login to portal and view demographic details, payment reports, raise change requests,
view campaigns and much more.
Key benefits for merchants:
- Self-enable merchants to have direct access to data.
- Reduction in Turn Around Time
- Smooth and simplified support
- Payment, Settlement, Transaction Report view, download facility
- Maintaining transparency and accuracy of information
- Quick enrolment for campaigns
To apply any of Payment Acceptance Solutions offerings, visit your nearest Axis Bank Branch today!
Or you can click here to apply and our Relationship Manager will contact you.
The eligibility for the same is as follows:
- Identification Proof
- Address Proof
- Recent Passport size Photograph
- Business Establishment proof**
- For Additional Payment Acceptance Solutions – Request letter to be given in letter head with authorized signatory name & required number of Terminals
- For Post Installation Alterations – Request letter to be given in the letter head with authorized signatory name and changes required.
** Depending on nature of business
To see the complete list of KYC documentation acceptable for availing Merchant services, click here to see the complete list of KYC documentation
W.e.f 1st July 2021, below Schedule of Charges will be applicable:
|Schedule of Charges* (in INR)|
|GPRS/Pocket GPRS||PSTN||PC POS||Android POS||Pocket Android||mPOS||Pin on Glass||Bharat QR||Soundbox||(PG)|
|No Transacting Charges||N. A.||N. A.||N. A.|
|Low Transacting Charges||N. A.||N. A.||N. A.|
|Lost Terminal / Decal Charges (per terminal / decal)||11,000||7,500||N. A.||13,500||5,950||4,000||1,100||0||2347||N. A.|
|Terminal De-installation/Decal Replacement Charges||450||450||N. A.||450||450||450||450||0||450||N. A.|
|Paper Statement Charges (per month) (daily)||100||N. A.|
|Paper Roll Cost**(applicable for Easy plan)||5 per roll||N. A.|
|Back Dated / Duplicate Statement (including international transaction statement)||100||N. A.|
*GST additional at applicable rates **Paper Roll will be charged for merchants who are not availing e-chargeslip. For merchants who are availing e-chargeslip, this cost will be charged for any paper roll ordered beyond the rolls supplied on a monthly basis by the bank
Axis Bank’s Merchant Payment Acceptance Solutions ensure that all your transactions are conducted smoothly and securely. In order to ensure safe card acceptance practices, all of the terminals and systems provided by Axis Bank follow robust payment industry standards along with RBI regulations to ensure absolute compliance. Axis Bank also offers personalised training to all its merchants in safe card acceptance practices. If you would like more details about Axis Bank’s safe card acceptance practices, feel free to reach out to our Merchant’s Helpdesk or your Relationship Manager.
- Security and Compliance – All our terminals and systems follow robust payment industry standards along with RBI regulations to ensure absolute compliance.
- Personalized Training – Merchants are provided end to end training in safe card acceptance practices. Reach out to our Merchant Helpdesk or your Relationship Manager for more details.
- Reach out to support staff at merchant's helpdesk or to your RM for more details.
- Refunds of card transactions should only be done through your Acquiring Bank by a credit to the Merchant (Current) account.
- It is recommended to keep an Invoice or Proof of Delivery at hand in case of transaction disputes.
- Do not levy additional surcharge (unless you are a fuel merchant) or you may incur a charge back case and/or the card acceptance provided to you might be withdrawn.
- Try to resolve service related chargeback cases, before referring them to bank for dispute.
- In case of Magstripe cards, do NOT swipe more than once.
- Complete Batch settlement every day to avoid payment related disputes unless your transactions are pertaining to a terminal with auto settlement.
- Do not bypass pin request on the terminal
- Do not view/remember/copy the cardholder’s PIN number and allow them to enter the PIN securely.
- Compare and match the signature on the card with the signature on the charge slip (In case of PIN based transactions, no signature is required from Cardholder)
The Payment Acceptance Solutions FAQs provide answers to queries on terminal installation, the different types of cards that can be accepted, the best practices to follow when accepting payments, etc. The FAQs for Payment Acceptance Solutions also feature queries related to additional requirements of POS terminals and other payment options such as the QR code based payment solution and other general queries that business owners have while using the specified payment solutions.
- All relevant risk guidelines have been covered by the field service engineer visiting you
- All test transactions have been done on your terminal and you have fully understood how to do them
- Charge Slips generated after test transaction displays a MID (Merchant ID). This must match the detail printed on your Welcome Letter. Please keep this number handy for future reference
What are the different types of cards I can accept from my customers? As a Merchant you might receive three types of cards – magstripe cards that have to be swiped, chip cards that have to be inserted and contactless cards that have to be tapped.
As a Merchant you might receive three types of cards – magstripe cards that have to be swiped, chip cards that have to be inserted and contactless cards that have to be tapped.
Few points you should keep in mind while accepting cards are:
- Use acceptance solutions only for transactions related to business
- Do not refund in cash for purchases made with Card. Your terminal supports a void facility for cancellation of credit receipts
- Provide goods and services to Cardholder immediately or provide or provide invoice stating delivery arrangements basis which goods and services will be provided later on.
- Do not use your own Card in any scenario for a self-credit
- Do not surcharge. Transaction must be done for actual amount / M.R.P
- Do not split cost of a single transaction between multiple receipts and transactions
- Transactions amount must include all charges and taxes levied to customer
Under any circumstances, you should not ask for PIN; Cardholder should enter PIN on his own. For contactless cards, no PIN shall be asked for transactions equalling Rs. 5,000 or below. In case PIN is verified, signature is not required. Please ensure that printed Charge Slip shows 'PIN verified OK. Signature not required.'
In case, the Card doesn’t prompt for PIN, please take signature of the Cardholder on the charge slip. You must ensure that the signature matches the signature on the back of the Card.
The Bank will credit your Axis Bank account or send the funds through NEFT / RTGS to your account maintained with any other bank on the next working day after settlement on the PoS
Merchant Discount Rate is the rate charged to a Merchant by a Bank for providing Debit and Credit Card services. Your Merchant Payment Report (MPR) shall contain all applicable MDR related details for reference. Also, ensure to settle batch on a daily basis ( auto settlement is enabled for mPoS and QR code based acceptance solution) Please ensure to register your email ID with us to receive Merchant Payment Reports/alerts directly.
Please follow the below steps:
- Press Sale on Terminal
- Enter Amount
- Depending on the Card type:
- Swipe Card in case of magstripe cards:
- Dip / Insert in card dipping slot for Chip Cards: Keep Card dipped till transaction is completed
- Tap for Contactless Card
- Ask Cardholder to enter PIN if prompted
- Charge Slip is generated
- If PIN not prompted – Get customer signature on merchant copy of charge slip
In case your line of business or / and business constitution has changed along with address, contact details or any kind of material change – you must communicate the same to your sales representative or nearest Axis Bank Branch immediately.
If the nature of business and legal entity is same then a request letter would suffice as payments would get credited into existing account. If the nature of business or legal entity differs then new application and Agreement has to be signed as well as a new Current Account opened for crediting the proceed. Please contact your sales representative of nearest Axis Bank Branch for installing additional payment acceptance terminal.
Through QR code based payment solution, merchants have the ease of accepting Bharat QR UPI and Cards payments via Cardholder’s mobile with the help of a QR code rather than accepting payments via swiping cards on PoS terminal.
QR code mapped to your unique Merchant ID will be displayed at your billing counter. Customer can scan the QR code, enter the billing amount and make the payment. You will get an instant payment notification via SMS. You can generate a unique QR code for each transaction. The dynamic QR code would include the payment amount as well which will be automatically displayed on the customer phone while scanning the QR.
Instant Swipe Machine
Compact and easy to use machine for accepting payments
PoS Solutions (PSTN/GPRS)
"Tap & Pay" contactless payment terminals
Android Swipe Machine
Smart machines with in-built 4G, WiFi & bluetooth connectivity
QR code payment solution (mVisa)
QR code based payment solution.
Accept any debit/credit card payment through a mobile device
PC based PoS Solution
Billing and inventory management using your PC
Axis Merchant App
Accept instant payments with just a scan of a QR code