Axis Bank offers Education Loans to students belonging to the Economically Weaker Section as per the Central Government Interest Subsidy Scheme. Find out more about the Education Loan Subsidy Scheme offered by Axis Bank below:
Government of India, Ministry of HRD vide letter no. F. 11-4/2010 – U.5(i) dated 25th May 2010 has formulated a scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of moratorium i.e. course period plus one year or six months after getting a job, whichever is earlier. This scheme is available for education loans taken by students belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS) (where annual parental income from all sources is up to and inclusive of Rs. 4.5 lakhs) under the IBA approved Model Educational Loan Scheme, for pursuing any of the approved courses of studies in technical and professional streams, from recognized institutions in India.
Salient Features of the Education Loan Subsidy Scheme:
The Scheme is applicable to all students satisfying the eligibility criteria of the IBA approved Model Educational Loan Scheme, subject to complying with the conditions of the Interest Subsidy Scheme. The Scheme is applicable only for studies in India and is available to educational loans upto and inclusive of Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
- The interest payable by the student belonging to EWS and satisfying the eligibility criteria of the scheme, during the period of moratorium on the amount of disbursements made on or after April 1, 2009 will be borne by the Government of India.
- The interest subsidy under the scheme shall be available to the eligible students only once - For undergraduate course or the postgraduate degree /diploma course in India. Integrated courses (combined graduate plus post graduate) would also be considered under the scheme.
- Interest subsidy under this scheme shall not be available to the students who discontinue the course midstream, or who are expelled from the Institutions on disciplinary or academic grounds. Interest subsidy is permitted, in case of discontinuation due to medical grounds for which necessary documentation to the satisfaction of the Head of educational institution is submitted.
- State Government has designated appropriate authority or authorities who are competent to issue Income Certificate, based on economic index and not social background, for the purpose of this scheme.
- Interest rates charged on the loan shall be as per the interest rates applicable under our Education Loan Subsidy Scheme.
- List of accredited universities / institutions and recognized professional courses which are administered by the Ministry of Tourism and are eligible for Interest Subsidy Scheme are updated on our website. To view the list, click here
- List of Technical / Professional courses for which the scheme is applicable will be publicised from time to time by UGC and AICTE and the same would be immediately displayed at their websites, which may be accessed for verification purposes.
Following documents need to be submitted at the time of sanction of loan:
Income Certificate issued by appropriate authority / authorities designated by respective State Government.
To view the list of income Certificate issuing authorities in various states and union territories, click here
Bonafide Student Certificate
If the student is qualifying for the subsidy scheme, the Interest Subsidy Agreement, Letter of undertaking cum Declaration needs to be signed by the borrowers.