You can open this Savings Account if you satisfy the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana eligibility. Also, if you interested in applying to become a Bank Mitra you can do so.
Here is the eligibility criterion for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Account and Bank Mitra.
Entities eligible to become Bank Mitra:
- Individuals like retired bank employees
- Retired teachers
- Retired government employees and
- Individual owners of ‘kirana’/medical/Fair Price shops
- Individual Public Call Office (PCO) operators,
- Agents of Small Savings schemes of Government of India/Insurance Companies
- Individuals who own petrol pumps
- Authorized functionaries of well-run Self Help Groups (SHGs) which are linked to banks
Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
Certain documents for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana will be required to open this Savings Account. Also, there are provisions for ‘low-risk’ individuals who do not have valid documents but who wish to open the account. Here are the documents that you will have to submit.
Documents for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Account for individual: