FASTag - FAQ
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions.
You can buy a FASTag by any of the following ways:
- Ease of payment - Avoid manual cash payments for toll transactions and save time
- Online Recharge - FASTag can be recharged online through multiple modes i.e. Payment Gateway through Online Portal / UPI / BBPS / NEFT / IMPS / POS Locations
- Ease of Tracking – You get regular SMS alerts each time any transactions are done using the tag.
- You can buy FASTag online and have it delivered to your home. Simply go to https://digipay.axisbank.co.in/fastag/customer to purchase FASTag online and have it delivered to your home., to initiate your application. Alternatively you could walk in to your nearest Axis Bank Branch and buy a FASTag. (However, the payment towards your tag must be made online)
- Another option to buy a FASTag is from toll plazas. While travelling through any toll plaza, one can buy a FASTag from the toll booth. Just remember to carry the registration and KYC documents when going for the purchase.
- You can also buy FASTag through Axis Bank Mobile App.
For further details you can call Axis Bank customer care @ 1800 419 8585No, currently FASTag is not issued for two-wheelers.In case you are selling your car, please remove (destroy) the FASTag issued to it and close its linked wallet. On purchase of second-hand cars (bearing a FASTag) too, you shall need to remove its existing tag and issue a fresh FASTag under your name.
You need to submit the following documents:
No, there is no cashback offered currently.
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- FASTag Application form along with KYC documents like PAN card, DL or Passport.
All Required documents for FASTag should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle.
No, you will need to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles. However you can have 1 wallet linked to both tags.You will receive an SMS with requisite details on your registered mobile number as soon as the toll transaction takes place. Periodic statement of account can be obtained from the online portal.FASTag can be used in all lanes of the Toll PlazaYou can report an incorrect deduction to our Customer Care Helpline number 18004198585. We will review your request and if found correct, we will revert the incorrect deduction.You can raise a request regarding the same by 1033, the helpline number of NHAI for helping the customers with this. Alternatively, customer can also contact our toll free number 18004198585.Yes, you can avail the monthly pass and the facility is specific to each toll plaza. This can be availed through the toll plaza or through the NHAI website.
- Re-Issuance Fee of Rs 100
- Refundable security deposit of Rs 200
- Initial wallet top up / recharge of Rs 200
Customers can recharge through multiple modes
1) Through NEFT/ IMPS:
- Log into any Banks Internet Banking/Mobile Banking App
- Under Fund Transfers, go to ‘Add Payee’ and select ‘Other Bank Payee’
- Enter either Wallet ID or Vehicle Number as account number and ‘UTIB0000ETC’ as IFSC code. Proceed with Payment once payee gets added.
2) Online Customer Portal:
Login to https://digipay.axisbank.co.in/myfastag, recharge with the help of various available payment options
3) Auto Debit through Customer Portal:
- Enable it in your customer portal for auto load facility whenever your wallet balance goes below threshold (For Axis Bank Account Holders).
4) Recharge through UPI
- Use any UPI enabled PSP application and use handle netc.<Registered Mobile Number>@axisbank OR netc.<Vehicle Registration Number>@axisbank
5) Recharge through BBPS
Login/Connect at any Bank/Non-Bank application (e.g. website-net banking/app/wallet with Bharat Bill Pay facility. Navigate to FASTag recharge and select Axis Bank FASTagYou will need to call our customer care number (18004198585) to block your FASTag, and re-issue a new tag Once you take a new TAG, we will transfer the balance to the existing wallet account.You can call the customer care no. 18004198585 and block your FASTag account.You can purchase a FASTag to avail the concessions. Once you purchase the FASTag, you will need to submit the required documents (proof of residence) at the Acquiring Bank POS location to validate your residence within 10 km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle.In case of such a scenario, a complaint is to be lodged with respective Project Directors at the toll plaza. Further, the incident may be reported to us via our email at email@example.com.In case ETC equipment are not working and your FASTag account is having sufficient balance, please pay the toll fee in cash at the plaza and keep the cash receipt with you in case it is required. Additionally, please call our dedicated Call Center Number 1800-4198-585 who will take your query and resolve.Vehicles are categorized for the welfare of road users. This categorization is primarily based on the size and load they carry and damage done to the road and type of use (commercial/personnel) of a vehicle.Around 650+toll plazas are live on FASTag now. List of all the toll plazas is available on ICHMCL or NHAI website.At the time of buying FASTag your FASTag wallet will be created. You only need to login using VRN, Registered Mobile Number or Wallet ID followed by OTP.There is no validity period of Fastag card. For wallet with Minimum KYC* validity is upto 2 years
*Customers eligible for minimum KYC have a recharge limit of INR 5000The minimum limits for FASTag wallet is based on the vehicle class are mentioned below :
Vehicle Class Vehicle Class Description Threshold amount 4 Car / Jeep / Van 1 4 Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle 160 5 Light commercial vehicle 2-axle/ Mini Bus 250 6 Bus 3-axle 500 6 Truck 3-axle 500 7 Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus 350 7 Truck 2-axle 350 12 Tractor / Tractor with trailer 550 12 Truck 4-axle 550 12 Truck 5-axle 550 12 Truck 6-axle 550 15 Truck 7-axle and above 650 16 Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machine 550
24*7 Customer Care Toll free number: 18004198585.
Alternatively you may also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org