Turn your dreams into reality with a Personal Loan from Axis Bank. Take that vacation you have been delaying or complete the home renovation that has been pending. With an Axis Bank Personal Loan , you can do it all. You can use the Personal Loan EMI Calculator to calculate your monthly instalments way before you apply for a loan and have a definite estimate of your monthly payments well in advance.
Individuals who can take a Personal Loan:
- Salaried doctors
- Employees of public and private limited companies
- Government sector employees including Public Sector Undertakings, Central and Local bodies
- Minimum age of 21 years
Maximum age of 60 years at the time of maturity of the Personal Loan
- Minimum net monthly income – Rs. 15,000
Documents required for Personal Loan
||Any one of the following KYC documents(OVD) to be collected as per extant policy of RBI:
||Driving license with Photograph
||Proof of possession of Aadhaar number
||Job Card by NREGA signed by an officer of the State Government
||Letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of Name, Address
|Date of Birth Proof
||Any one of the following:
||Aadhaar Card with DOB
|Driving license with Photograph
||School Leaving certificate
Any one of the following:
- Pan Card
- Banker's Verification
|Proof of Income
- Latest 2 months pay slip
- Latest 2 months bank statement showing salary credits
- One year Employment proof (Not required if DOJ mentioned in payslip and working for more than 1 year)
|Other Important Documents and Checks
- Completely filled and duly signed application form along with applicants’ latest passport size colour photo
- Self-attestation of borrowers on all documents
Disclaimer: This is an indicative list only. Additional documents may be asked for on a case-to-case basis.
To know more about personal loan, click here
Tips to Improve Personal Loan eligibility:
Your eligibility for a Personal Loan is generally higher if you are a government employee, or if you are employed with a reputed private firm. Similarly, a high salary and credit score also improve your Personal Loan eligibility. In addition, there are some steps you can take to ensure that your loan application is approved faster.
- Maintain a healthy credit score : The higher your credit score, the higher your Personal Loan eligibility. Typically, a credit score of 750 and above by any of the credit bureaus is considered to be healthy. This indicates that you not only have a high ability to repay the loan, but your willingness to repay is also high. The bank views you as a good customer and may approve your loan application faster and may even offer you a competitive interest rate.
- Avoid applying for multiple loans or credit cards : This will bring down your credit score as you will be seen as credit hungry. Hence, you should apply for a loan or a credit card only if you genuinely need it. If you are seen as someone desperate for credit, the bank may take time to process your application. The due diligence may be more stringent as a Personal Loan is an unsecured loan.
- Do not default on EMIs or delay your credit card repayment : If you have existing loans, make sure the EMIs are paid on time. Similarly, if you use credit cards regularly, always clear the outstanding within the due date. Avoid any kind of default on your loan EMIs or credit card outstanding. This also impacts your credit score, and could thereby, reduce your Personal Loan eligibility.
- Keep your EMIs within a limit : All the EMIs for your existing loans should not exceed 40% of your take-home salary. This indicates your repayment capacity and if the bank feels that you cannot afford to repay the Personal Loan, it may reject your loan application. To avoid this, you could reduce the amount you are seeking as a loan and arrange for part of the funds from your pocket. This could help control your EMI outgo and also improve your Personal Loan eligibility.