Axis Bank offers the option to purchase and trade in GOI securities online as a part of its Money Market Services. GOI securities are dated securities issued by RBI on behalf of the Govt. Of India and can be issued for a tenure ranging from 2 to 30 years. These GOI securities can be held in SGL or dematerialised form with the bank. The interest on these GOI securities is payable semi-annually, while tax is not deductible at source. For more information on GOI securities, please visit Axis Bank’s website.
- These are dated securities issued by RBI on behalf of the Govt. Of India
- Commercial Banks, Primary Dealers, Mutual Funds, Corporates, Institution, Provident or Pension Funds and individuals participate in the products
- They are issued for a tenor ranging from 2 to 30 years
- Periodic auctions are held for their issue and they are tradable in the secondary market
- They can be held in SGL or dematerialised form with the bank
- Interest is payable semi-annually and tax is not deductible at source