Corporate Loans - Trade Services
Axis Bank is one of the leading banks in providing Trade Finance Services, offering a wide range of products for both exports and imports. Axis Bank provides Trade Services to customers across various industries, segments and regions.
The Trade Services offered by Axis Bank include Import Financing, Export Financing, Letter of Credit, Bank Guarantees, Collection Services and Trade Advisory Services. Axis Bank has a professional team of experts for Trade Services and offers speedy processing of documents, comprehensive and timely MIS, among other benefits.
We offer both Buyers Credit and Suppliers Credit. The financing is available in all major currencies.
We offer the following facilities in both local and foreign currencies.
- Pre-shipment Financing: This facility is offered to an exporter by way of packing credit to enable him to finance purchase or import of raw materials, processing and packing of the goods meant for exports.
- Post-shipment Financing: Post-shipment Credit is offered to an exporter to finance export sales receivables after the date of shipment of goods till the date of realization of export proceeds.
- Negotiation or Discounting
- Advances Against Collection Bills (AACB): This offering is in the form of a loan provided to the exporter to bridge the working capital gap that exists before the export proceeds are realized. The rate for this advance is the same as the post shipment rate for exports as prescribed from time to time by RBI. Once the export proceeds are realized the loan is liquidated.
Whether you are an exporter or an importer, Axis Bank offers a gamut of services to meet your entire Letter of Credit requirement including Opening, Negotiating or Discounting, Advising, Confirming, Standby LC, Reimbursement and Foreign Exchange services. In addition to our overseas branches we also have an extensive correspondent bank network. We also structure complex Letters of credit to suit specific transaction requirements.
- Advising Export Letters of Credit: One of the key offerings of the Bank under exports is advising Export Letters of Credits. These LCs are advised to the beneficiary most expeditiously and within a committed time period.
- Confirmations of Letters of Credit: The bank also confirms letters of Credit for its customers. Once the bank has confirmed a letter of Credit, it steps into the shoes of the Issuing Bank. It therefore has no recourse to the exporter, once it provides post shipment credit and has recourse only to the issuing bank.
We offer to issue various types of guarantees - performance, financial, bid bond etc. Our guarantees are well accepted by government agencies Capital Market Agencies and all major corporates. Apart form the guarantees issued locally, our overseas correspondent bank alliances also enable us to issue guarantees overseas for participation in global tenders.
Axis Bank offers flexible and efficient handling of commercial and financial documents for Imports, Exports as well as for local trade. We have in place an extensive local branch network and correspondent banking arrangements to facilitate the same.
- Local Bills Collections: Our wide network of branches spread across the country enables us to send and follow up on your LC-backed as well as clean bills sent for collection.
- International Bills Collections: Our overseas branches coupled with a wide network of correspondent banks enable us to offer efficient and prompt collections as regards imports, exports, bills under LC and so on.
The trading limit is the maximum exposure tat a customer can have at a time. This limit that will be granted will be a pre-determined number of times (referred to as a multiple) the customers margin amount.